What is the A2 Exam?
The Evolve Reach Admissions Assessment (A2) Exam measures basic skills in the following academic content areas:
- Math: (50 items) Focuses on math skills needed for health care fields, including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, household measures, and general math facts.
- Reading Comprehension: (47 items) Provides reading scenarios in order to measure reading comprehension, including: identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words in context, passage comprehension, making logical inferences, etc.
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge: (50 items) Contains basic vocabulary that is often used in health care fields.
- Grammar: (50 items) Contains basic grammar, including: parts of speech, important terms and their uses in grammar, and commonly occurring grammatical errors.
- Additional questions on the following topics will be included, but not used in score determination:
- Learning Styles: 14 item assessment of the applicant’s preferred learning style.
- Personality Style: 25 item assessment of personality related to the applicant’s preferred learning style.
- Applicants will receive a printout of study tips based on their learning style and personality profile.
- Total time available to test: 4 hours
Who should register for the A2 Exam?
All students who apply to the Radiologic Technology Program at Gadsden State are required to take the A2 Exam as part of the application process. The score received on this exam will be considered as part of the selective admissions process. (See the Radiologic Technology Admissions Ranking Sheet for a breakdown of the scoring process.)
How do I prepare for the A2 Exam?
The Evolve Reach Testing and Remediation Admission Assessment Exam Review, 2nd Edition is available for order/purchase at your favorite bookstore.
How do I register for the A2 Exam?
- Complete the online registation form (will be available after November 1, 2014)
- Print your confirmation page
- Present the A2 Registration Form to the Business Office at any of our campuses to make your payment. You will be given a receipt.
- Payment must be made in a business office at any Gadsden State campus no later than 7 days prior to the desired test date. The cost of the exam is $40 (non-refundable).
- You must submit this receipt and the completed A2 Registration Form to Misty Greene (Wallace Drive Campus, Bevill Hall, Office #12 or fax 256.549.8458) no later than 7 days prior to the desired test date. If you do not submit your receipt by the deadline you will lose your reservation for testing.
- All testing takes place in Helderman Hall on the Wallace Drive campus of Gadsden State. Please visit www.gadsdenstate.edu for directions.
- Thirty (30) seats are available for each testing date and time. You must register at least 14 days prior to the exam (e.g., if testing Tuesday, November 1st at 8:30am your request must be received no later than 8:30am Tuesday, October 18th, with confirmation of payment no later than Tuesday, October 25th).
What should I do on my scheduled test date?
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to testing time
- Allow 4 hours in your schedule for the testing process
- Bring the following to the test:
- Government issued picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc)
- Your Evolve student sign-in and password (Information regarding this item will be given to you after your confirmation of payment is received).
- Your ‘Ticket to Test’ (This item will be given to you after your confirmation of payment is received)
- Please note:
- calculators, cell phones, iPods and other electronic devices are not allowed
- no breaks are allowed during the testing process
Anything else I need to know?
- There is no minimum score for this exam. You should be attempting to get the highest score possible.
- Evolve assesses a $15 fee to transfer A2 Exam scores to programs other than Gadsden State.
- Missed exams are non-refundable; however you may reschedule by email no later than 4 days prior to your original test date and time. (e.g., if scheduled for Tuesday, January 15th at 8:30am you must reschedule no later than Friday, January 11th at 8:30am)
- The A2 Exam may be repeated only once during any admission cycle. When scheduling a second attempt you must state it is your second attempt in the registration email. There are two versions of the exam. The exam software will not allow a student to test twice on the same exam. If you do not identify yourself as a repeat tester you will be locked out of the exam and testing fees are non-refundable. The second attempt can be scheduled for any of the dates listed on this sheet.
- A2 scores will be sent to your email address 48-72 hours after testing.
- Reasonable accommodations for testing are available for students with documented disabilities. Prior to scheduling your appointment to take the A2, please contact Program faculty/advisor.
- No questions will be answered through the testing registration email address.
A2 Testing Schedule 2015
|Will be available after||
November 1, 2015
Please be advised:
- Exam payment can only be accepted at a Gadsden State Business Office; telephone or online payments cannot be accepted.
- Do not lose your receipt from the Business Office – it is your only proof of payment. The Business Office will not keep a record of individual payments for this exam.
- There are 30 seats available per testing date.
- No other dates will be added.
- Everyone is required to have A2 Test Scores on file by June 1, 2015 - No exceptions.