Aquaculture Technician Program
The Aquaculture Education and Development Center (AEDC) at Gadsden State Community College is a teaching facility that specializes in working with students interested in aquatic biology, marine biology, aquaculture and environmental science.
The Aquaculture Technician Certificate is a unique one-year program specifically designed to train the future work force for Alabama's growing multi-million dollar aquaculture industry.
The aquatic programs at the AEDC also offer fun and exciting summer internships at locations such as The Tennessee Aquarium, Disney Living Seas, Seaworld , The Alabama Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, The McWane Center, and aquaculture farms throughout Alabama. Click Here for more info.
- FHS 101 Principles of Aquaculture
- FHS 102 Water Chemistry for Aquaculture
- FHS 112 Biology and Diseases
- FHS 114 Aquaculture Hatchery / Pond Management
- FHS 140 Aquaculture Practicum I
- FHS 141 Internship Off Site