Office of Career Services
The Bridge Between Education and Employment
To educate, prepare and assist students in meeting the workforce challenges of the 21st century through participation in career preparation activities and cooperative education experiences.
What do we do?
- Counsel students
- Assist students in conducting successful job search campaigns
- Serve as a point of contact for employers who are interested in Gadsden State students
- Partner with faculty to provide students with the highest quality curricular and co-curricular experiences
- Refer students to part-time, full-time and internship positions
- Assist students in preparing resumes and constructing other job related correspondence
- Develop and coordinate Cooperative Education work sites and experiences for students
- Develop and coordinate Early College Enrollment Program (ECEP) for high school students
Specific Services include but are not limited to:
- Career counseling
- Workshops on self-assessment, goal setting, resume writing, interviewing skills, and successful job search strategies
- Employment Opportunity Fairs
- Establishing, maintaining and monitoring Cooperative Education work sites
- Developing and maintaining a Career Resource Library
- Early College Enrollment Program (ECEP)
The Career Services Staff is committed to providing quality services and programs to students that aid in their career development. We encourage students to be prepared, both academically and professionally, so they can make a positive difference and become leaders in their chosen careers once they graduate from Gadsden State. We value students’ experiences inside and outside of the classroom and encourage them to participate in career programs and activities (i.e. workshops, seminars, part-time employment, employment opportunity fairs, etc.).
We seek to develop and continue relationships with faculty, staff, employers, alumni and most of all our students. The staff is committed to maintaining the highest level of professionalism and competency.
It is the policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including all postseondary institutions under the control of the Alabama State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment.