TESTING SERVICES - General Information
- New Location! Testing Services Gadsden Office now located in Gadsden State's new One-Stop Center, East Broad Campus - click MAP for Directions
- College Closed November 26-27, 2015
- Spring Semester Classes Begin Friday, January 8
FOUR STEPS TO TEST (incoming new, transferring, or dual-enrolling students)
COMPASS PLACEMENT TEST (appointment required)
1. APPLY FOR ADMISSIONS -
APPLY ONLINE - YOU MUST HAVE A STUDENT G# TO TEST.
2. VERIFY YOU’RE REQUIRED TO TEST / REVIEW FAQs -
3. COMPLETE PRACTICE TESTS -
PRACTICE HERE - TEST SCORES DETERMINE CLASS PLACEMENT.
4. SCHEDULE A TEST APPOINTMENT ONLINE-
COMPLETE STEPS 1-3, THEN:
REGISTER USING PREFERRED BROWSER*: FIREFOX or CHROME
*Certain versions of Internet Explorer may result in webpage errors
TEST CENTER LOCATIONS
Gadsden - East Broad Campus
One Stop Center
424 East Cardinal Drive, Gadsden, AL
Centre - Cherokee Campus
Cherokee County Center, Admissions Office
801 Cedar Bluff Road, Centre, AL
Anniston - Ayers Campus
Administration Building, Room 154
1801 Coleman Road, Anniston, AL
Anniston - McClellan Campus
McClellan Center, Room 1225
100-A Gamecock Drive, Anniston, AL
TESTING SERVICES CURRENTLY OFFERED
- Compass placement testing for prospective and current Gadsden State students
- Remote Compass placement testing for students seeking to attend other colleges
- Proctored test services for external students in distance learning classes through other colleges (i.e., UA, AU, Troy, LSU, UC, OSU)
- Proctored test services for internal students as an alternate choice for webcam use during testing or for those students required to take a make-up test
- WorkKeys Job Skills Assessment
- CLEP testing (East Broad campus only)
- TEAS-V nursing entrance exam
- ACT test site for national testing dates (Wallace Drive and Ayers campuses)
- Proctored test services for community members in the business sector (East Broad and Ayers campuses)
- ASE Professional Certification
- AAB Board of Registry Certification
- Public Safety Testing
- Various others (please call if you require proctoring services)
Required Upon Arrival for Testing:
Prohibited While Testing:
TYPES OF TESTING
Gadsden State test centers provide test administration and proctoring for Compass placement testing, CLEP, distance learners enrolled with other colleges, community members in the public sector, ACT, TEAS-V nursing entrance exam, and credentialing exams such as, ASE. We also serve as an alternate testing environment for current students requiring a make-up test or for those who do not have a webcam available for use in testing with the Respondus Monitoring program.
Test administration dates, times and locations for TEAS-V and ACT are preset; therefore, appointments are not scheduled through our various campus test centers. Students interested in taking ACT at Gadsden State or another area test site should refer to the ACT website. Nursing program applicants should refer to the ATI TEAS-V website for further information, and also should review the Nursing Department's TEAS-V webpage.
Alabama State Board of Education requires Compass placement testing for all entering students enrolling in associate degree or certificate programs, and those who enroll for more than seven credit hours. You may be exempt from all or part of the Compass placement test based on recent ACT and/or SAT scores, prior math and English credits, or other factors. If you are uncertain whether you are required to take the placement test, please Click Here to review testing guidelines.
Practice testing is highly recommended prior to sitting for the Compass placement test, which includes multiple-choice questions in subject areas Math, Reading and Writing. Our webpage, Practice Test Recommendations provides a variety of links to websites with practice tests.
Please be aware that the Alabama Community College System guidelines allow for ONE placement retest within a three-year period with a one-time fee of $8.00. Preparing well for your initial Compass placement test often results in better scores which can save you both time and money.
Other test administration and proctoring services are offered mainly at the East Broad campus and are by appointment only. These include CLEP, distance learning exams (Gadsden State students and those enrolled with other colleges), and ASE certification tests (East Broad and Ayers campus appointments available). CLEP and ASE test registration and payment must be completed through the respective test vendor website prior to scheduling a test center appointment. Once registered, please click the appropriate test icon below for scheduling and additional information.
Each Gadsden State test center strives to provide a comfortable and accommodative testing environment. Students who wish to request testing accommodations based on a documented disability must contact the campus ADA Coordinator for testing assistance and to schedule a test appointment. Click Here to review the Gadsden State Disability Services (ADA) webpage, along with contact information. Test center staff will work in good faith to meet the needs of all students, employees, and community members requiring accommodative testing services.
The mission of Gadsden State’s Testing Services division is to provide students and members of the community access to a technologically up-to-date, secure, comfortable, and distraction-free testing facility while maintaining test integrity protocols. Testing center staff consistently strive to adhere not only to the mission of the college, but also to the highest professional standards and guidelines set forth by the National College Testing Association (NCTA). We are dedicated to offering a testing environment that encourages students, faculty, staff and community members to contact us for assistance with their test proctoring needs.