Choose your direction at Gadsden State! Apply Now!

Gadsden State Community College

Current Students

Financial Aid

Financial Aid Programs

Federal Pell Grant
A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree. (A professional degree is usually obtained after a bachelor’s degree in a field such as medicine, law, or dentistry.)

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded to those students with zero EFCs (expected family contribution) and exceptional need. Priority will be given to students in converted credit hour programs.

Federal Work Study (FWS)
The Federal Work Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. Students earn at least the current federal minimum wage but the amount might be higher depending on the type of work performed and the skills required.

Alabama Student Assistance Program (ASAP)
Students who are Federal Pell Grant eligible and residents of Alabama may receive ASAP funds. These grant funds are awarded to those with the highest need.