Gadsden State Community College
Title IV Refund checks are tentatively scheduled to be mailed by the Business Office on June 17, 2016. All other credit balance checks will be issued by the Business Office the following week. All checks are mailed to the address students have listed with the Records Office.
Students! Please review your Banner frequently for updates to your Financial Aid Status.
GADSDEN STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
HOURS OF OPERATION
FINANCIAL AID OFFICE HOURS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
GADSDEN, AYERS & CHEROKEE
Beginning Monday, May 9, 2016, and ending August 11, 2016, the Financial Aid Office hours will be 7:00 am - 5:30 pm Monday - Thursday. The Financial Aid Office will be closed on Fridays during this period.
***During peak times, lines will be closed at an appropriate time to allow students to be served by the published closing time.
McClellan - 256-238-9341
Ayers - 256-835-5420
Cherokee - 256-927-1801
801 Cedar Bluff Road, Centre, AL 35960
Please note that it is best to utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, if available, when completing the FAFSA. A "How To" video for using the retrieval tool is available by clicking here, or review printable instructions detailing how to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool here. Not only will using this IRS Data Retrieval Tool make the application process easier, it will also speed the verification process considerably. If you choose not to utilize the IRS Date Retrieval Tool when filing your FAFSA online, or are not allowed access to do so, then a copy of your "tax return transcript" will be needed if you are selected for verification by the federal processing center for that tax year's FAFSA. In the past, Gadsden State was able to accept copies of completed tax return forms (i.e., 1040, 1040A, etc); however, new regulations now require us to have a signed copy of your tax return transcript. Once you have filed your tax return, a tax transcript can be requested, free of charge, at the IRS Web site at http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript or by calling 1-800-908-9946. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to request a tax transcript.
Three to four days after completing the FAFSA online, begin checking Banner for a Financial Aid tab. This page will have an option for you to review your student requirements related to your FAFSA application; CLICK HERE for "How To" instructions.
To Parents and Prospective Students
Due to federal privacy regulations that do not allow student information to be shared without a student's consent, students must complete a Student Consent Form for Release of Financial Records to allow their financial aid information to be shared with parents, legal guardians, spouses and/or any other relationships.
The mission and primary purpose of the Financial Aid Office is to deliver the highest quality services in an efficient and effective way; to secure adequate funding from the various Federal, State, and private sources to meet the needs of our students; and to support efforts that promote and encourage students to plan for postsecondary education.
Code of Conduct
The Gadsden State Community College Financial Aid Office staff is committed to the highest standards of professional conduct. As members of NASFAA, the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, the staff abides by its code of conduct, as follows.
An institutional financial aid professional is expected to always maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct in all aspects of carrying out his or her responsibilities, specifically including all dealings with any entities involved in any manner in student financial aid, regardless of whether such entities are involved in a government sponsored, subsidized, or regulated activity. In doing so, a financial aid professional should:
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves.
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Be objective in making decisions and advising his or her institution regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything of other than nominal value from any entity (other than an institution of higher education or a governmental entity such as the U.S. Department of Education) involved in the making, holding, consolidating or processing of any student loans, including anything of value (including reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory body or as part of a training activity of or sponsored by any such entity.
- Disclose to his or her institution, in such manner as his or her institution may prescribe, any involvement with or interest in any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
It is the official policy of the Alabama State Board of Education and Gadsden State Community College, a postsecondary institution under its control, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any of its programs, activities, or employment. Inquiries related to this policy may be directed to Michele Bradford, Director of Legal Affairs, Gadsden State Community College, Joe Ford Center, P.O. Box 227, Gadsden, AL 35902-0227; telephone 256.439.6822; fax 256.439.6812; e-mail email@example.com.