Important Information for high school counselors and administrators of dual enrollment students: Dual Enrollment Best Practices Handbook
Dual Enrollment Forms:
Interested in hosting/ teaching on-site dual enrollment classes at your high school?
- Your Enrollment Specialist can help answer any questions, or connect you with the appropriate Gadsden State staff member who can.
- Contact Human Resources and refer to the Best Practices Handbook for required credentials in your subject area/intended course
Office of Human Resources
Gadsden State Community College
Phone: (256) 549-8235
- Discuss offering the class with your school counselor to plan to offer the class in the high school schedule
- Counselor should follow state guidelines for course equivalencies
- Classes can be fit into block or period schedule formats
- Classes can be taught in a semester, or two in mini-mesters within the same semester
- Classes do not have a minimum number of students if being taught by an adjunct faculty member at the high school
- Apply as Adjunct/Part Time Instructor
- Let your Enrollment Specialist know that you have applied as an adjunct for an on-site class. Enrollment Services will then work with the appropriate Dean to monitor the status of your application and, if approved, the implementation of your course.
PREP FOR CLASS
- Contact your Department Chair for curriculum, syllabus, and book information
- Once the class is created, your Enrollment Specialist will assist students in applying to Gadsden State and registering for your class.
- Your Enrollment Specialist is equipped to connect you with the appropriate staff member to create the class and curriculum, but the Office of Enrollment Services does not create classes. We assist in recruiting students for the class and registering them in the class.
- Some technical classes may be ACE scholarship eligible.
- Some academic classes may be paid for by ACE scholarship, if the student is also taking a technical course in an eligible program.
*On-site course offerings are not guaranteed based on inquiry. Instructors must complete the hiring process and meet the same credentials as college instructors teaching on-campus. Depending on the courses offered, the addition of instructional sites sometimes requires notification to SACSCOC for accreditation purposes.