Are You Ready to Teach Online?
Teaching online is not as easy as posting your course notes in the LMS. There are actually many issues to consider. For example, is a change in teaching styles and strategies required for success in the online environment? And, how is online content created and managed in the virtual classroom?
To begin answering this question, review this list of instructor characteristics that many feel are necessary in order to be successful in the online teaching environment.
- Enthusiasm for the subject
- Flexibility in teaching methodologies
- Experienced in teaching
- Good course organization
- Effective communication skills with students
- Comfortable with technology
- Highly responsive to students, provides timely feedback
- Excellent time management skills
Now, continue with the self-assessment by completing this quiz Is Teaching Online for Me?