Next Steps for Admitted Students
Congratulations on your admission to Gadsden State! Be sure to complete the following items before classes begin:
►Complete Requirements for Course Placement
- Placement is required prior to registration in certain courses such as Math & English
- Placement is determined using students’ evaluated high school transcript, appropriate ACT scores, or ACCUPLACER Placement Test results.
- All scores must be no more than five years old.
- The ACCUPLACER test may be taken and used for placement if high school transcripts and ACT scores are not sufficient or older than five years.
- ACCUPLACER is given by appointment only and may be scheduled by visiting gadsdenstate.edu > Future Students > Testing Services.
- Faculty advisors will interpret placement in the academic advising appointment.
►Apply For Scholarships
- Graduating High School Student Scholarship
- Applications will be available in October.
- Application deadline will be March 1, 2019.
- Returning Gadsden State Student Scholarship
- Deadline: Opens March 1, 2019
- Dual Enrollment Scholarship
- Applications will be available March 1, 2019 at www.gadsdenstate.edu/aceinstitute
- PRIORITY Application deadline is May 1, 2019, but scholarships are awarded year-round if funding is available
►Apply For Financial Aid
Complete the FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Visit the Financial Aid webpage for more information or call 256.549.8284
►Review Important Dates
In order to ensure success, become aware of important dates on the college calendar regarding registration, the first day of class and payment deadlines.
►Log-in To myGadsdenState
myGadsdenState is the single log-in for self-service banner, student email, Office 365 and Blackboard.
- Once cleared through admissions, students should receive an email with login credentials. Emails are sent to the personal email address listed on the admissions application. This is the final email communication sent to the student's personal email address.
- To log-in:
- Go to https://my.gadsdenstate.edu or click myGadsdenstate on the homepage
- Log in using credentials received in the email. (you will be prompted to change your password on first login)
- Didn't receive the email? Click "Forgot Username" and username and password will be sent via email
►Meet With Your Faculty Advisor
Advisors are assigned according to your program of study and are able to help you understand degree requirements, make appropriate course selection, and complete schedule planning.
How do I find my advisor?
- Log-in to your MyGadsdenState account > BannerSSB > Student > View Student Information
- Find your major in the Catalog. Advisors are listed at the top of the program page.
- For more information about finding your advisor, click here
Set up an appointment by email or phone. Drop-in advisement cannot be guaranteed.
►Register For Classes
After meeting with your advisor to plan your class schedule:
Log-in to your MyGadsdenState account > BannerSSB > Student > Registration > Add or Drop Classes
►Before Classes Begin
- Verify your class schedule and financial aid status on myGadsdenState
- Pay your tuition to avoid being dropped from your classes for non-payment. Drop for non-payment dates for 2017-2018 can be viewed here.
- Get your student ID and parking decal - at any of our campus locations
- Purchase textbooks at the bookstore
- Welcome to Gadsden State!