Congratulations on choosing Gadsden State as your first stop! Be sure to complete the following items before classes begin:
Apply for scholarships
- Graduating High School Student Scholarship
- Applications will be available in January.
- Application deadline will be March 1, 2018.
- Returning Gadsden State Student Scholarship
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Dual Enrollment Scholarship
- Applications will be available in January at www.gadsdenstate.edu/aceinstitute
- PRIORITY Application deadline was April 1, 2017, but scholarships are awarded year-round if funding is available
Apply for financial aid
- Complete the 2017-18 FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- The 2018-2019 FASFA will open October 1, 2017.
- Visit the Financial Aid page for more information or call 256.549.8284
Review important dates
- In order to ensure success, become aware of important dates on the college calendar regarding registration, the first day of class and payment deadlines
- Dates and procedures may be viewed in the Summer/Fall Semester Guide
Meet with an advisor
- The mission of the advising program at Gadsden State is to assist students in the development and accomplishment of educational plans.
- Your advisor will help you understand degree requirements, make appropriate course selection, and complete schedule planning.
- How do I find my advisor?
- Log-in to your MyGadsdenState account > BannerSSB > Student > Student Records > View Student Information
- Find your major in the Catalog. Advisors are listed at the top of the program page.
- Undecided? Contact Counseling & Advising at 256.549.8307
Before classes begin
- Verify your class schedule and financial aid status on myGadsdenState
- Pay your tuition to avoid being dropped from your classes for non-payment.
- Make your payment online.
- Sign up for a payment plan if needed.
- Get your student ID and parking decal
- Purchase textbooks at the bookstore
- Welcome to Gadsden State!