Next Steps for Admitted Students
Congratulations on your admission to Gadsden State! Be sure to complete the following items before classes begin:
►Review Important Dates
In order to ensure success, become aware of important dates on the college calendar regarding registration, the first day of class and payment deadlines.
- Graduating High School Student Scholarship
- Applications will be available in October.
- Application deadline: March 1, 2019
- Current Gadsden State Student Scholarship
- Opens March 1, 2019
- No deadline, ongoing applications accepted
- Dual Enrollment Scholarship
- Applications available March 1
- Priority deadline May 1
- Scholarships awarded year-round if funding is available
Complete the FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Visit the Financial Aid webpage for more information
To ensure financial aid processing before classes start, the FAFSA should be completed at least 15 business days before the first day of the term.
All verification documents should be received in the Financial Aid Office at least ten business days before the first day of the semester.
myGadsdenState is the single log-in for self-service banner, student email, Office 365 and Blackboard.
- Once cleared through admissions, students should receive an email with login credentials. Emails are sent to the personal email address listed on the admissions application. This is the final email communication sent to the student's personal email address.
- To log-in:
- Go to https://my.gadsdenstate.edu or click myGadsdenstate on the homepage
- Log in using credentials received in the email. (you will be prompted to change your password on first login)
- Didn't receive the email? Click "Forgot Username" and username and password will be sent via email
Advisors are assigned according to your program of study and are able to help you understand degree requirements, make appropriate course selection, and complete schedule planning.
How do I find my advisor?
- Find your major in the Catalog. Departmental contacts are listed at the top of the program page. Contact your appropriate department to be connected with an advisor.
- For more information about finding your advisor, click here
Advisors assist with understanding course placement:
- Placement is required prior to registration in certain courses such as Math & English
- Placement is determined using students’ evaluated high school transcript, appropriate ACT scores, or ACCUPLACER Placement Test results.
- All scores must be no more than five years old.
- The ACCUPLACER may be taken and used for placement if high school transcripts/ACT scores are not sufficient or older than five years.
- ACCUPLACER is given by appointment only and may be scheduled by visiting gadsdenstate.edu > Future Students > Testing Services.
- Faculty advisors will interpret placement in the academic advising appointment.
Be sure to set up an advising appointment by email or phone. Drop-in advisement cannot be guaranteed.
After meeting with your advisor to plan your class schedule:
Log-in to your MyGadsdenState account > BannerSSB > Student > Registration > Add or Drop Classes
►Pay for Classes / Finalize Financial Aid
- On myGadsdenstate, click Student > Student Account > Account Detail for Term
- See tuition balance owed & pay tuition
- For more detail on online payment click here
- If receiving financial aid, verify that authorized aid is showing on this term
- If financial aid is not authorized for the term, click Financial Aid tab > Financial Aid Status
- Choose current award year and review unsatisifed requirements
- To avoid having courses removed from your schedule, pay attention to drop for non-payment dates on the college calendar.
- Sign up for a payment plan if needed.
- Make your payment on-campus at one of these locations.
►Before Classes Begin
- Print your class schedule: Student > Registration > Concise Student Schedule
- Get your student ID and parking decal - at any of our campus locations
- Purchase textbooks at the bookstore online or at our Gadsden or Ayers locations.
- Student financial aid may be used at the bookstore (approximately 10 days before classes begin until 10 day after classes begin)
- Use your class schedule and our virtual tour to find your classes before the first day!
- If taking ONLINE courses, they will be visible in Blackboard on the first day of class.
- Welcome to Gadsden State!