Next Steps for Admitted Students
Congratulations on choosing Gadsden State to Change Your Life! Be sure to complete the following items before classes begin:
►Apply For Scholarships
- Graduating High School Student Scholarship
- Applications will be available in January.
- Application deadline will be March 1, 2018.
- Returning Gadsden State Student Scholarship
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Dual Enrollment Scholarship
- Applications will be available in January at www.gadsdenstate.edu/aceinstitute
- PRIORITY Application deadline was April 1, 2017, but scholarships are awarded year-round if funding is available
►Apply For Financial Aid
Complete the FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Visit the Financial Aid page for more information or call 256.549.8284
►Review Important Dates
In order to ensure success, become aware of important dates on the college calendar regarding registration, the first day of class and payment deadlines. Dates and procedures may be viewed in the Summer/Fall Semester Guide
►Log-in To myGadsdenState
myGadsdenState is the single log-in for self-service banner, student email, Office 365 and Blackboard.
- Once cleared through admissions, students should receive an email with login credentials. Emails are sent to the personal email address listed on the admissions application. This is the final email communication sent to the student's personal email address.
- To log-in:
- Go to https://my.gadsdenstate.edu or click myGadsdenstate on the homepage
- Log in using credentials received in the email. (you will be prompted to change your password on first login)
- Didn't receive the email? Click "Forgot Username" and username and password will be sent via email
►Meet With An Advisor
Advisors are assigned according to your program of study and are able to help you understand degree requirements, make appropriate course selection, and complete schedule planning.
How do I find my advisor?
- Log-in to your MyGadsdenState account > BannerSSB > Student > Student Records > View Student Information
- Find your major in the Catalog. Advisors are listed at the top of the program page.
- Undecided? Contact Counseling & Advising at 256.549.8307
►Register For Classes
After meeting with your advisor to plan your class schedule:
Log-in to your MyGadsdenState account > BannerSSB > Student > Registration > Add or Drop Classes
►Before Classes Begin
- Verify your class schedule and financial aid status on myGadsdenState
- Pay your tuition to avoid being dropped from your classes for non-payment. Drop for non-payment dates for 2017-2018 can be viewed here.
- Get your student ID and parking decal - at any of our campus locations
- Purchase textbooks at the bookstore
- Welcome to Gadsden State!