The Student Ambassador program at Gadsden State strives to inspire students through leadership development. Ambassadors show leadership, professionalism, pride, and the desire to promote Gadsden State while delivering superior customer service at all times. Student Ambassadors are the best representatives of the college student body and are dedicated to student outreach, success, diversity, and strengthening student connections. Gadsden State student ambassadors act as official hosts and representatives of the College. Have a question? ASK AN AMBASSADOR?
Ambassadors have the opportunity to:
- Meet with prospective students
- Participate in orientation activities
- Give campus tours
- Support outreach and recruitment initiatives
- Provide strong student support at events such as graduation, welcome-back events, Get on Board Day, and G-Days
APPLY TO BE A STUDENT AMBASSADOR
The application for the 2018-2019 Student Ambassador group will be open January 2018. Applications are due by March 1. Applications are open to graduating high school seniors. If you have further questions about the application process for Student Ambassadors please contact Tonya Douthitt.
- Have an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Be self-motivated and responsible
- Ability to work as a team member
- Have a passion for helping students be successful
- A willingness to develop or improve oral communication skills
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be able to work a minimum of 4 office hours a week and work campus events as needed
- Must be willing to arrange schedule for future semesters according to office needs
- Attend all required training sessions and monthly meetings
REQUEST AMBASSADORS FOR AN EVENT
If you are faculty or staff and you would like to request student ambassadors to volunteer for your event, please submit an online request. Please allow at least a two weeks’ notice when requesting student ambassador volunteers.