Gadsden State Community College
Monthly Budget Reports
Monthly budget reports are sent via email to Budget Managers on the last calendar day of the month.
The first report lists information for each account code that exists within a budget. The following information is provided:
- Approved Budget – The original amount budgeted for the account code plus any increases, minus any decreases.
- Current Month Expenditures – Total amount of payments made (money spent) from the account code for the current month.
- Year to Date Expenditures – Total amount of payments made (money spent) from the account code for the fiscal year.
- Encumbrances – The total amount of current unpaid (outstanding) purchase orders for the account code.
- Balance – The amount of money currently available for the account code. The amount is not encumbered and has not been spent.
A second report is provided if employees are associated with a budget. This report lists salaries and benefits budget amounts, contract amounts, and year to date paid amounts for each employee.
A third report is provided if there has been payroll activity associated with the budget in the current month. This report lists detail of any activity for any salary or benefit account code which occurred during the current month.