Gadsden State Community College
Out-of-State Travel Approval
Out-of-state travel is permitted when consent of the Department Head and/or Dean and the President of GSCC is obtained through their approval of the Request for Out-of-State Travel. Purchase Orders for out-of-state travel expenses can be approved by the Purchasing Agent once the approval has been obtained and the Purchasing Agent has received a copy of the completed Request for Out-of-State Travel.
Click here for a Request for Out-of-State Travel Form.
Complete a Request for Out-of-State Travel as follows:
- Type all information provided on the original Request for Out-of-State Travel.
- Give the date of the request.
- Provide an explanation of the importance and purpose of the travel to both the College and the individual. If more space is needed, use the back of the request sheet.
- Give the city and state of the travel destination.
- Provide the mode of transportation, lodging (name of hotel), date of departure and date of return.
- List the estimated cost associated with the travel.
- Indicate if state or federal funds will pay travel expenses and provide the budget number which will pay the expenses.
- The traveler signs the form and types or prints their name.
- If prepayment of expenses is requested, the traveler must sign the statement at the bottom of the request, "I, the undersigned employee, verify that any prepaid expenses are for travel on official State business."
- Attach a schedule, agenda, or any conference material. This can be a copy, an original brochure is not needed. If contracts or agreements are involved, a copy should also be attached.
Airfare and registration fees may be pre-paid by the college if the traveler requests pre-payment. This must be indicated under the estimate of the fee. Also, the traveler must sign the statement at the bottom of the request, "I, the undersigned employee, verify that any prepaid expenses are for travel on official State business."
When more than one account will be charged for travel, list both account numbers and the amount to be paid from each account.
- All estimate figures are to reflect multiple persons traveling. For example: A registration fee of $250 per registrant to be paid for two persons would be $500 total. List $500 as the estimate of the registration fee.
- Type "SEE ATTACHED LIST" on the signature line. On a separate sheet of paper, provide the following information for each traveler:
When the traveler receives the approved request, they may then request purchase orders, etc. Purchase Orders for out-of-state travel expenses can be approved by the Purchasing Agent once the approval has been obtained and the Purchasing Agent has received a copy of the completed Request for Out-of-State Travel.