Choose your direction at Gadsden State! Apply Now!

Gadsden State Community College

Faculty & Staff


According to State Board Policy 801.01: Admission; All new/readmission students must provide one Primary Form of Documentation for Admission to Alabama Community Colleges. All International Students must provide an acceptable VISA.

  • Registration for classes will not be allowed until the Admissions Office has received appropriate documentation.
  • Documentation must be submitted in person to the admissions office -OR- a copy may be mailed -OR- emailed ( to the admissions office (see below)

Types of Acceptable Identification:
Primary Forms

  • Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
  • Unexpired Alabama identification card
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport
  • Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
  • Resident Alien Card-Pre-1997
  • Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession  that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
  • U.S. Alien Registration Card (Form I0151) prior to 1978
  • BIA or tribal identification card with photo
  • I-797 Form with expiration date