In addition to the Financial Aid Programs, students may be able to obtain assistance in the form of scholarships granted based on academic or technical achievement, participation in extracurricular and leadership activities, and exhibited talents of the fine arts or athletic ability.
For more information about scholarships, please contact the Scholarship Manager, Cathy Hicks, by calling 256-549-8203 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit a scholarship application use the appropriate link below. Students complete applications electronically.
Completion of the FAFSA is recommended for all students applying for scholarship assistance. The Gadsden State school code is 001017.
The link below displays a list of college student scholarships and criteria.
- College Student Scholarship Opportunities To apply for these scholarships please complete the General Scholarship Application.
- General Scholarship Application 2018-2019 (Deadline: Ongoing) You are about to enter the Gadsden State Portal which gives you access to the General Scholarship application. Please use your MyGadsdenState login credentials after you are clear with Admissions.
- General Scholarship Application 2019-2020 (Deadline: Ongoing) You are about to enter the Gadsden State Portal which gives you access to the General Scholarship application. Please use your MyGadsdenState login credentials after you are clear with Admissions.
Scholarship Award Notifications: Scholarship awards are based on fund availability. Scholarship recipients are notified by award letter only.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
The 2019 Graduating High School Student Scholarship Application is electronic. The deadline for the 2019 Graduating High School Scholarship Application is March 1, 2019, 11:59:59 p.m. If you have any questions or need help with this application, please ask for experienced school assistance.
- Carefully read the directions in the high school section on the scholarship page on the Gadsden State website.
- Ask for assistance from your high school counselor who has worked with this application many times
- Ask for assistance from any Enrollment Specialist at Gadsden State (256-549-8305)
- Ask for assistance from the Gadsden State Scholarship Manager
- Step 1 – Click the 2019 Graduating High School Senior application link below.
- Step 2 - Create a Next Gen account.
- Step 3 – After you create and verify your account, you can enter your login information to access the 2019 Graduating High School Student Application.
- Step 4 - Read through page one and page two of the application. Complete page three and page four of the application and upload required documents to page three and four.
If for any reason you must save your application and complete it later, you will need to use the Next Gen Dynamic Forms homepage link below to return to the saved application. You will log into your Next Gen account and select Pending/Draft Forms to access your incomplete application. If you click the 2019 Graduating High School Senior Application, you will start a new application.
- 2019 Graduating High School Senior Application
Sorry you missed the March 1st deadline for the 2019 Graduating High School Student Scholarship Application. Once you are cleared with Admissions, you may apply for a scholarship using the 2019-2020 General Scholarship Application.
- Next Gen Dynamic Forms homepage - Use to return to Next Gen account, if needed.
Graduating Seniors Transcript Information:
When submitting your transcript by uploading to the online application or using Parchment.com, it is the student’s responsibility to make sure the transcript reaches the Scholarship Office. This transcript must reflect grades earned from 9th grade through the last semester of the 11th grade and must be a separate transcript from the Admissions transcript sent to Gadsden State Community College. An incomplete transcript makes an incomplete scholarship application which cannot be considered by the Scholarship Committee.
Additional Scholarship Information:
As a courtesy, we are providing general scholarship and financial aid information below to our students. In addition to our institutional scholarships, we encourage you to explore more options and make informed decisions. As a reminder, you should never have to pay for scholarship information.