Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Meet all general requirements of GSCC
- Make application to GSCC
- Be in good standing with the college
- Official transcripts from other colleges must be provided to Admissions Office
- Proof of active or current CPR for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Proof of Health insurance is required
- Must have an ACT of 18
- Students must maintain a "C" or better on all general and Pre-DMS courses, if courses were repeated, the highest grade for the course will be used
- Students must have at least a 2.5/4.0 GPA on general education courses
- Must complete all general required courses for DMS program by application deadline
- Student must pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Applicants must meet the essential functions required by the DMS program
Student Learning Outcomes
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Students upon program completion will:
- Utilize critical thinking skills to in the performance of sonographic procedures that ensure optimum diagnostic results.
- Perform sonographic procedures accurately and appropriately, identifying and recording all anatomic and physiologic data for the interpreting physician.
- Communicate effectively with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Conduct self ethically, professionally, and compassionately with patients.
- Be committed to life-long learning.
- Obtain appropriate information from patient to ensure optimum diagnostic results.
- Record, analyze and process diagnostic data and other observations made during the diagnostic exam for the physician to review.
- Educate their patients about diagnostic medical sonography and promote healthy habits.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the role of diagnostic medical sonographer.
- Apply knowledge and clinical information to their role as entry-level general sonographers.