APPLICATION LINK is listed below
COMMITTED To Our Success,
Rebecca Southern, MOL, RVS, RDMS (Ab) (Ob)
WANT to be a VOLUNTEER and receive an Ultrasound Scan??
We offer Instructor Led, student performed
Ultrasound Scans for OB patients in 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimester. 4D scans also available.
Other ultrasound screenings available include vascular, abdomen or thyroid.
Charges apply for OB scans and image downloads.
Please note: All Ultrasound scans performed at GSCC are for Student Education ONLY and non-diagnostic.
GSCC, its staff and/or students, are not responsible for volunteer patient's medical diagnosing or medical outcomes.
DMS information Meetings for Prospective Students will be held on the following dates/times
at the Valley Street Campus, Prater Hall, DMs Rooms #1:
Tuesday, August 6th, 2:00 pm
Thursday, October 17th 3:00 pm
Monday, November 18th 5:15 pm
Please click the link below to REGISTER to Attend one of the Required DMS Information Meetings!
Admission Requirements for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Meet all general requirements of GSCC
- Make application to GSCC
- Be in good standing with the college
- Official transcripts from other colleges must be provided to Admissions Office
- Proof of active or current CPR for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Proof of Health insurance is required
- Must have an ACT of 18
- Students must maintain a "C" or better on all general and Pre-DMS courses, if courses were repeated, the highest grade for the course will be used
- Students must have at least a 2.5/4.0 GPA on general education courses
- Application Deadlines: May 1st (for Fall Start) or September 1st (for Spring Start)
- Must complete ALL general required courses for DMS program before applying. The only exception is for Fall start students! You must have already completed all pre-requisites, OR be enrolled in the course (to complete no later than Spring of the year you are applying) at Gadsden State (since we can easily pull these final grades when they post and calculate your score).
- Student must pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Applicants must meet the essential functions required by the DMS program
- Applicants must attend DMS information session and receive signed documentation of attendance. Dates/Times listed above.
- APPLICATION link https://forms.gle/F5umTFbZk2pHLxqj6
After the May 1st deadline and Spring Scores are processed, students will be "scored" using a "blind" scoring system based on their GPA &
ACT score. Only students with COMPLETE applications and those CLEARED for Registration will be eligible to continue admission consideration at this point.
Bonus points given to students who have completed their General Education courses at GSCC.
Bonus points also given to students who are enrolling into a DMS program for the first time.
Bonus points also given to students who are have completed BIO 202 with a C or Higher.
Bonus points also given to students who have earned a prior degree (Associates, Bachelor or Masters)
**The TOP 40 (highest scores) applicants will move to phase 2 of the admission process (see details below).
Students who do not score in the Top 40 will receive written advisement of their status and be encouraged to apply again for the next enrollment.
PHASE 2 of Admission Process (only applies to the TOP 40 scored applicants from Phase 1):
- Panel Interview (will be scheduled for the end of May; students will receive email notification of interview date/time)
- Write an essay (minimum two page) detailing: "What is Sonography?" and "Why I want to become a Sonographer" (bring to panel interview)
- 2 Professional Letters of Recommendation (Should be typed and signed with good contact info for reference)
- Copy of CPR-BLS Certification (bring to panel interview)
Students who are offered a position in the program will be notified no later than 6 weeks after Application Deadline.
There will be a Mandatory Orientation meeting scheduled for accepted students within 2 weeks of acceptance notifications. Details of meeting will be included in the acceptance notification.
Student Learning Outcomes
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Students upon program completion will:
- Utilize critical thinking skills to in the performance of sonographic procedures that ensure optimum diagnostic results.
- Perform sonographic procedures accurately and appropriately, identifying and recording all anatomic and physiologic data for the interpreting physician.
- Communicate effectively with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Conduct self ethically, professionally, and compassionately with patients.
- Be committed to life-long learning.
- Obtain appropriate information from patient to ensure optimum diagnostic results.
- Record, analyze and process diagnostic data and other observations made during the diagnostic exam for the physician to review.
- Educate their patients about diagnostic medical sonography and promote healthy habits.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the role of diagnostic medical sonographer.
- Apply knowledge and clinical information to their role as entry-level general sonographers.