Gadsden State Community College is offering three sessions of a four-day camp that is both educational and fun for students in first grade through college.
Outstanding students honored at ceremony
Gadsden State Community College recently held its 50th annual Honors Day events at the Ayers Campus Learning Resource Center in Anniston and at the Wallace Hall Fine Arts Center in Gadsden. The programs spanned two days of recognizing student achievements and scholarship presentations. Over 160 students were honored and more than $1.4 million was awarded in scholarships.
Special awards and scholarships were presented during Gadsden State Community College’s annual Ayers Campus and McClellan Center Honors Day programs. Students receiving awards and scholarships were:
Gadsden State’s Valley Street Campus to host Empowerment Camp
Educational, financial and career-focused activities are available to area ninth- and 10th-graders at the annual Empowerment Youth Summer Camp on the Valley Street campus of Gadsden State Community College. The camp will be held June 7-9 at the area’s only recognized Historically Black College and University Campus (HBCU).
Gadsden State Community College students earned seven gold medals, 10 silver medals and two bronze medals during the recent Alabama SkillsUSA Leadership Conference, Career Expo and State Championship held in Birmingham and at various locations around the state.
With summer vacation just around the corner, parents are seeking fun and educational opportunities for their children. Camp Cardinal at Gadsden State Community College provides students with a unique experience that allows students in kindergarten through eighth grades to learn and play.
STUDENTS!! HELP FINDING YOUR NEW STUDENT ID – G NUMBER
Beginning Fall 2012, students will be using a new administrative software. In order to log into your student account, you will need your new student identification or G#. If you do not already know your G#, please follow these directions to retrieve your new student ID.
- Go to https://ssb.gadsdenstate.edu
- Select the first option that says “Enter Secure Area”
- If you know your G#, this is where you would enter it. If you do not know your G#, you can enter your old GSCC Student ID OR your Social Security Number. The PIN is your six-digit birthdate. (mmddyy). You will be required to change your PIN the first time you sign in.
- Click on “Student Button”; then click “Student Records”; then “View Student Information”. The G# will be in the top right hand corner.
- You will need to memorize your G# and have it available when you visit any office on campus. (Note: The “G” must always be capitalized or upper case when you log in.)