Choose your direction at Gadsden State! Apply Now!

Priority Registration Begins Tuesday, 11/30 at 12 Noon

Priority registration begins Tuesday, 11/30 at 12 noon.  All other registration begins at 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, 12/1.

17 Responses to “Priority Registration Begins Tuesday, 11/30 at 12 Noon”

1. Kathleen Colburn says:

Excuse me? I need to have these courses to transfer to another college and these have to be on file before I can transfer. Why can’t we just go to the school and do a priority registration in person? We qualify so what’s the problem?

2. Jennie Dobson says:

The computer system is down so registration cannot be completed. Hopefully, we will have everything running by tomorrow. Thanks.

3. alison says:

Are we still going to have seprate day for the priority registration

4. Kathleen Colburn says:

The math class I need to transfer only has one section so if that fills up and I can’t get it and have to go to Jacksonville to get the class(which is where I was going to transfer)does that mean Gadsden pays the difference in tuition cost?

5. Tunishia Venable says:

I work fulltime now and this half of Gadsden State will not be able to get into this website all at once tommorrow. I know this for a fact after about 15000 students are login at once no one will be able to get in for about 30 mins. Thats the point for early regristation. Will it be open before 12 tommorrow then? Or will we have to just try and get our courses after 12pm.

6. Kayla says:

Will regular registration be postponed a day also? It would not be fair to priority registration students if that was not the case!!!

7. Jennie Dobson says:

If everything goes as planned and the system is back up before noon tomorrow, we hope to still have a “priority” registration period. Please check the website Tuesday, Nov. 30, after 11 am. We are doing everything possible to correct the problem.

8. Amanda says:

If everyone would stop for a minute and read and process what the original message says, then Mrs. Dobson would not have to repeat herself and defend herself from everyone that is worried about getting the class that they need. The original message says and I quote “Please check the website tomorrow (Tuesday) by noon for a NEW REGISTRATION SCHEDULE.” That means that a new registration schedule will be posted tomorrow by lunch time.

9. crybabies says:

wow I didn’t know that Gadsden was full of cry babies!

10. Tabitha Barger says:

Thank you and I will try back tomorrow. Thanks again….I understand that it is not your fault, you are not the hardware to be able to make it work. I really appreciate it.

11. Lindsey says:

I want to know why there wasn’t/isn’t a backup server for this. If there had been then it could have been fixed in about 5 minutes.

12. Nikki says:

I had to go to the campus to see what was going on with the website because I had been trying since Thursday to check my financial aid status. They told me today that they still have not processed my file,although FAFSA says I am eliglble for full benefits. I couldn’t register even if I wanted to! This is crazy! What are they doing up there?! I hope they have the site back up and running tomorrow cause I really need to get into Microbioligy.

13. No suprise says:

I would like to say how not suprising this is. Every single registration I have gone through with GSCC has been like this. No offense but if larger campuses are able to not have so many glitches why can’t GSCC be the same way? I am just glad next semester is my last semester here. there is just too much incompatancy here if I wanted incompatancy I could get that for free instead of forking all of my money to GSCC. No offense to the employees not their faults GSCC doesn’t buy better computer systems.

14. Lisa says:

Are we still having normal registration at the time it was suppose to be or is it postponed like the priority is?

15. Kristi says:

The ladies in the registration office are probably just as eager for the system to be up and running as any of the rest of us. They, most likely, have no more control over GSCC computer systems failures than any of us students. We all know what it’s like to wait on repair workers to complete a job… If for some reason a class fills up, GSCC is probably going to consider all things and work with students on creating extra spots in the classes, so that everyone can transfer/graduate as expected. It’s the holidays, among other things, let’s all take a collective deep breath and relax. Getting fiesty isn’t helping anyone or improving the situation.

16. Complainers says:

There is always finger pointing. I think the employees in Student services and financial aid do a great job. If you can do better show them how it’s done. There are deadlines for admissions and for pell grant. When you wait till the last minute you should not expect to get the next day completion. If you are fed up LEAVE! There is always some student waiting for that class who would love to attend GSCC.

17. bs says:

I am fed up. But I can’t afford to go to another school. I don’t have the luxury of having 5 kids and no husband. In fact, I have no kids and no husband. And I can BARELY afford to pay for my classes. Priority should be for people that don’t get to use the government as a crutch to attend school! I can only afford to take a couple of classes at a time. This day was imminent and the IT department knew this would happen. It happens EVERY TIME it’s time to register for classes! I’m also fed up that there are students trying to get into the RN program w/ perfect GPA’s and can’t get in because there’s not enough slots! It’s ridiculous!