18 October, 2016
All-USA Community College Academic Team scholarship opportunity
Gadsden State Community College is accepting applications for the All‐USA Community College Academic Team. The team recognizes high achieving two‐year college students who demonstrate academic excellence and intellectual rigor combined with leadership and service that extends their education beyond the classroom to benefit society. Twenty team members are named annually with each receiving a $5,000 scholarship, which totals $100,000 in scholarship awards. Nominees to the All‐USA Community College Academic Team may also be considered for the Coca‐Cola Community College Academic Team, New Century Scholars and All‐State Community College Academic Teams when applicable. The application period is open through Nov. 1. To be considered for this scholarship, students must be nominated by Melissa Davis, Gadsden State’s designated nominator and director of Student Support Services.
To be eligible:
· Must be enrolled at your community college through December 2016 in a minimum of six semester credit hours (or nine quarter credit hours).
· Must have a cumulative college‐level grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale for all coursework completed in the last five years (fall 2011‐present), regardless of institution attended. If the student has attended more than one school, transcripts may be recalculated to determine the cumulative GPA for all college‐level coursework taken. GPA is evaluated at the point of application, and the student must maintain a 3.5 or higher GPA through the fall 2016 semester to remain eligible.
· Students must be on track to earn an associate or a bachelor's degree (or the equivalent of a U.S. associate or bachelor's degree). Students must have a minimum of 36 semester college‐level credits completed at or transferred to a community college by Dec. 31, and 48 semester college‐level credits by Aug. 31, 2017. Students must have a minimum of 30 semester college‐level credit hours completed at a community college in the past five years. (Courses must be college‐level. Developmental or remedial coursework, such as pre‐algebra or basic writing, will be removed when determining number of credits as well as cumulative GPA.)
· To be considered for the Coca‐Cola Community College Academic Team, the student must be enrolled at least part‐time at a two‐year or four‐year college for the fall 2016 semester. Proof of enrollment will be requested.
· Must not have previously been nominated for the All‐USA Community College Academic Team or the Coca‐Cola Community College Academic Team.
· The student must hold temporary or permanent residency in the country of the community college the student is attending or possess a visa considered appropriate by the college.
· Students who attend community college in the U.S. do not need to be a member of Phi Theta Kappa.
· Must have a community college record free of suspension, probation or other serious disciplinary action. Nominee must not have a criminal record, or if a convicted felon, must have all conditions of sentencing, including probation, completed.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship please email Melissa Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Applications are due by Nov. 1.