The policy concerning a transfer student’s request for admission into the MLT program are as follows:
- Transfer credit for courses from only a regionally accredited college or an accredited university will be considered.
- Transfer credit for MLT courses from only college or a university program accredited by NAACLS will be considered.
- To transfer MLT courses completed elsewhere, the student seeking admission to Gadsden State’s MLT program must provide the MLT Program Director with full descriptions of those courses, including their content and their Medical education requirements.
- The Director of the MLT program from which the student is transferring must send to the Director of Gadsden State MLT Program a letter verifying that the student seeking admission left in good standing and is eligible for continuation in the former program.
- All progression/admission/readmission requirements of Gadsden State’s MLT program (e.g., grades in general education courses and MLT courses) are in effect and will be applies to the transfer student.
- Each request for transfer credit will be considered individually by the MLT faculty and/or the MLT Admissions Committee. NOTICE: You may be required to take a competency test for any MLT course for which you seek transfer credit. Transfer credit for a MLT course will be based on the review of submitted materials, the time lapse since the course was completed, and the results of your competency test scores. You will not receive credit for any MLT course that you completed more than two (2) years prior to your transfer. You may be required to repeat for credit any MLT course that you originally competed more than twelve (12) months prior to your transfer. This decision will be made on an individual basis, considering submitted data and results of any required testing.
- In addition to the foregoing stipulations, admission of transfer student into the program is dependent upon the availability of space in the class.
- You must complete at least two (2) MLT semesters and at least 24 semester hours at GSCC.