Respondus Test Generator
We're pretty sure that you thought Repondus was just Lockdown Browser and Monitor. However, you can use Respondus to create your tests!
Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment, or moved from one Blackboard course to another. Whether you are a veteran of online testing or relatively new to it, Respondus will save you hours on each project.
- Distinct user environments (called "personalities") for Blackboard Learn
- Create exams and assessments offline using a Windows interface
- Supports up to 15 question types, including calculated and algorithmic formats
- Import questions from MS Word (including embedded images), rich-text, QTI, and tab/comma delimited formats
- Access to thousands of Respondus-compatible publisher test banks – FREE to instructors who adopt a participating textbook
Preview, Publish and Printing Features
- Preview questions before publishing them to the LMS
- Publish exams and assessments directly to an online course (media files are automatically uploaded)
- A “batch publish” feature allows assessments and surveys to be published to multiple courses in a single step**
- Determine point values and exam settings offline
- Print exams/surveys directly from Respondus, or save files to MS Word or rich-text format
Retrieval and Reporting Features
- Retrieve exams from the leading learning platforms, complete with media files*
- Retrieve custom reports, such as student scores, summary statistics, and answer distributions*
- Download answer databases for quizzes or surveys and save them in an Excel-compatible format*
- Archive and restore exam/survey projects (including media content) with one click — ideal for providing a colleague with a ready-to-use exam
The Respondus Test Bank Network
Another great feature of Respondus is the Respondus Test Bank Network! The Respondus Test Bank Network contains thousands of test banks for the leading textbooks in higher education. Instructors who use Respondus can easily create online exams and learning activities from official publisher test banks. Best of all, the Test Bank Network is free for instructors who adopt a participating textbook. Click Search to locate the textbooks used in your courses and request access to the accompanying test banks.
To get Respondus Test Generator or to ask questions about it, email Derrick Griffey or Brandy Gilchrist in the Teaching & Learning Center.
Here's how it works: We will enroll you in a Blackboard course called "Respondus." Once you access the software and download it, you can install it on any of the computers that you use for instruction. Once the software is installed, we can unenroll you from the Respondus Blackboard Course.