The verification process must be completed within 120 days of the student's last date of enrollment or by September 22nd, 2018
(whichever is sooner) to retain Federal Pell Grant. (for the 2017-2018 school year ending June 30, 2018)
The verification process must be completed within 120 days of the student's last date of enrollment or by September 9th, 2019
(whichever is sooner) to retain Federal Pell Grant. (for the 2018-2019 school year ending June 30, 2019)
The Gadsden State Financial Aid Office uses electronic form submission via MyGadsdenState. Instructions for accessing these forms are below.
- Log into MyGadsdenState
- Click ‘Banner SSB’
- Click 'Financial Aid'
- Click 'Financial Aid Status'
- Select the appropriate aid year.
- Choose ‘student requirements’
- Review 'unsatisfied requirements'
- Click on each form and follow the provided instructions for electronic submission.
‘Terms and Conditions’ does not have an electronic form requiring submission. Please follow the instructions provided to satisfy. If you have previously authorized or declined the ‘Authorization needed to pay Non-Institutional Charges,’ it will be satisfied throughout your remaining time as a student at Gadsden State Community College. Should you wish to change your previously provided answer, you will need to contact the Financial Aid Office.
**FOR 2018-2019, INDIVIDUAL TAX RETURNS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.
Verification of Non-Filing Letter
1) Request a separate verification of non-filing letter to match each non-filing letter requested (student, parent, or spouse).
IRS Tax Return Transcript
1) Request a 2016 tax return transcript from the IRS if the requirement appears on your Banner SSB.
Get Transcript is an IRS online service that provides an electronic copy of an official IRS tax return transcript.
- Get Transcript by mail delivers transcript in 5-10 calendar days via postal mail to the address of record.
- Get Transcript Online displays PDF version of transcript for users to view, print, and save. Additional authentication is required to establish a user account. A tax filer who is not able to successfully register for the Get Transcript Online will be able to request a tax return transcript using one of the other methods.
To use the new Get Transcript Online tool, the user must have:
1). Access to a valid email address
2). A text-enabled mobile phone (pay-as-you-go plans cannot be used) and
3). Specific financial account numbers (such as a credit card number or an account number for a home mortgage or auto loan)
- Available from the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946
- Tax filers must follow prompts to enter their social security number and the numbers in their street address. Generally, this will be numbers of the street address that was listed on the latest tax return filed. However, if an address change has been completed through the U.S. Postal Service, the IRS may have the updated address on file.
- Select Option 2 to request an IRS Tax Return Transcript and then enter the year you are requesting.
- If successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Tax Return Transcript at the address that was used in their telephone request, within five to 10 days from the time the IRS receives the request.
- IRS Tax Return Transcripts requested by telephone cannot be sent directly to a third party by the IRS.
NOTE: Please do not request to have the tax return transcript or verification of non-filing letter sent directly to Gadsden State as a third party request because we cannot identify to whom the documents belong. Don't forget to write your student ID (G#) on each page.
IRS Tax Assistance Centers - In Person Requests
- Most IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC) have converted to appointment only service.
- TAC should not be used as a routine resource for documentation requests
- For taxpayers who still need to interact with the IRS in person call special toll-free number, 1-844-545-5640 to reach an IRS representative. Representatives can help resolve a tax issue or schedule an appointment at a local IRS TAC.
Individuals Who Filed an Amended IRS Income Tax Return
An individual who filed an amended IRS income tax return for the tax year 2016 must provide:
- A 2016 IRS Tax Return Transcript (that will only include information from the original tax return and does not have to be signed), or any other IRS tax transcript(s) that includes all of the income and tax information required to be verified; and
- A signed copy of the 2016 IRS Form 1040X, “Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return,” that was filed with the IRS.
Individuals Who Were Victims of IRS Tax-Related Identity Theft
An individual who was the victim of IRS tax-related identity theft must provide:
- A Tax Return Data Base View (TRDBV) transcript obtained from the IRS, or any other IRS tax transcript(s) that includes all of the income and tax information required to be verified; and
- A statement signed and dated by the tax filer indicating that he or she was a victim of IRS tax-related identity theft and that the IRS is aware of the tax-related identity theft.
Individuals Who Filed Non-IRS Income Tax Returns
An individual who filed or will file a 2016 income tax return with the relevant taxing authority of a U.S. territory, commonwealth, or with a foreign central government must provide:
- A transcript obtained at no cost from the relevant taxing authority of a U.S. territory (Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands), commonwealth (Puerto Rico and the Northern Mariana Islands), or a foreign central government that includes all of the tax filer’s income and tax information required to be verified for tax year 2016
Upload of Additional Documents
Students may upload additional required or requested documents directly to their electronic form via the secure upload link provided on the form. If a student does not wish to upload the required forms electronically, paper copies may be mailed or faxed to the Gadsden State Financial Aid Office. Please be aware that mailing or faxing documents could delay processing time.
Acceptable file types: PDF or JPG. Maximum size 2 MB.
Forms that cannot be submitted electronically
The following form may be downloaded, printed, completed and returned to the Gadsden State Financial Aid Office. Please check Banner SSB on MyGadsdenState before downloading any form. If a form is required to complete your financial aid file, please read the instructions carefully as some forms may not be faxed due to the U.S. Department of Education's Federal Financial Aid Regulations.