English as a Second Language
Alabama Language Institute provides English as a second language instruction toward the following goals:
- to help students gain a functional command of English in order to prepare for a successful academic experience in a U.S. college or university,
- to help students obtain an adequate score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL),
- to help students improve English language skills for professionals in the workplace,
- to provide a nurturing environment conducive to learning, where students can reach their full potential,
- to internationalize the larger institution and promote the cultural diversity of the campus, and
- to encourage students, as citizens of the world, to respect and appreciate countries and cultures different from their own and therefore play a role in promoting peace and understanding in the world.
The Alabama Language Institute offers:
- Intensive English as a Second Language Training
- TOEFL Preparation
- English for Professional Development
- Preparation for College Entry
Why choose the Alabama Language Institute?
- Welcomes students students from all over the world
- Quality education since 1973
- Experienced instructors
- Small classes (7 - 15)
- Multiple levels of instruction
- Courses cover listening, speaking, reading, and writing English
- Modern audio and computer laboratories
- Three sessions per year (August, January, May)
- Five-week summer program for special groups
- On-campus housing and dining
- Affordable cost of living
Test of English as a Foreign Language
Gadsden State Community College is an Internet Based Testing Center (iBT) as well as an Institutional Testing Center for TOEFL.
The institutional TOEFL is administered at the close of each semester: fall, spring, and summer.
For information regarding iBT registration and test dates, click on the ETS icon below.