Next Steps for Admitted Students
Congratulations on choosing Gadsden State to Change Your Life! Be sure to complete the following items before classes begin:
►Apply For Scholarships
- Graduating High School Student Scholarship
- Applications will be available in January.
- Application deadline will be March 1, 2018.
- Returning Gadsden State Student Scholarship
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Dual Enrollment Scholarship
- Applications will be available in January at www.gadsdenstate.edu/aceinstitute
- PRIORITY Application deadline was April 1, 2017, but scholarships are awarded year-round if funding is available
►Apply For Financial Aid
Complete the 2017-18 FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
The 2018-2019 FASFA will open October 1, 2017.
Visit the Financial Aid page for more information or call 256.549.8284
►Review Important Dates
In order to ensure success, become aware of important dates on the college calendar regarding registration, the first day of class and payment deadlines. Dates and procedures may be viewed in the Summer/Fall Semester Guide
►Log-in To myGadadenState
myGadsdenState is the single log-in for self-service banner, student email, Office 365 and Blackboard.
- To log-in:
- Go to https://my.gadsdenstate.edu
- Click "Forgot Username" to set up your account
- Username and password will be sent via email
►Meet With An Advisor
Advisors are assigned according to your program of study and are able to help you understand degree requirements, make appropriate course selection, and complete schedule planning.
How do I find my advisor?
- Log-in to your MyGadsdenState account > BannerSSB > Student > Student Records > View Student Information
- Find your major in the Catalog. Advisors are listed at the top of the program page.
- Undecided? Contact Counseling & Advising at 256.549.8307
►Register For Classes
After meeting with your advisor to plan your class schedule:
Log-in to your MyGadsdenState account > BannerSSB > Student > Registration > Add or Drop Classes
►Before Classes Begin
- Verify your class schedule and financial aid status on myGadsdenState
- Pay your tuition to avoid being dropped from your classes for non-payment.
- Make your payment online.
- Sign up for a payment plan if needed.
- Get your student ID and parking decal
- Purchase textbooks at the bookstore
- Welcome to Gadsden State!