The student entering and participating in the clinical laboratory technology program must be able to:
· lift 40 pounds.
· hear high and low frequency sounds within normal range, with or without
· see with 20-40 visual acuity, with or without corrective lenses.
· feel veins and pulses.
· smell body and environmental odors.
· coordinate eye and hand movements.
· coordinate motor movements.
· see different color spectrums.
· read, comprehend, and write legibly in the English language.
· send and receive verbal messages in the English language and to respond
· perform correctly simple mathematical computations*;
· walk and transport equipment without assistance.
· reach and position overhead equipment used in the laboratory.
· be oriented to reality and not be mentally impaired by mind-altering
The following information pertains to steps that you will complete AFTER you have been accepted in to the program and been given detailed instruction on how to document the testing.
**These requirements are at the expense of the student.**
• Upon admission students must pass an initial
drug test and a criminal background check. Students are also subject to
random and for cause drug testing during the length of the Program.
• Upon admission to the Program, all students must submit a completed
health questionnaire (provided by the Program) and immunization records.