If you have any questions regard the program or admissions please contact one of the following faculty/staff:
Room 203, Jarvis Hall, East Broad Campus
Room 211, Jarvis Hall, East Broad Campus
#How do I apply to the program?
- First apply online and be accepted into Gadsden State Community College.
- Take the Accuplacer placement test. You must receive 75 or above on your reading score for acceptance, or pass ENG 101 prior to applying.
- Complete an EMS Program application online.
The Emergency Medical Services Program is accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756; telephone: 727.210.2350; fax: 727.210.2354; website; www.caahep.org by recommendation from the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the EMS Profession of Allied Health Programs (CoAemsp), 4101 Oaks Blvd., #305-599, Arlington, TX 76016; telephone: 817.330.0080; fax: 817.330.0089; website: www.coaemsp.org and by the State of Alabama Departme
- Practicing EMT//PParamedic since 1995..
- Worked for various EMS agencies in Calhoun,, Etowah,, Cleburne,, and St.. Clair Counties..
- Graduate of GSCC with an Associate’s Degree in Allied Health
- Certification as a Critical Care EMT - Paramedic
- Certification as a DOT Instructor,, also instructor in ACLS,, ITLS,, PALS,, PEPP
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
EMS Faculty & Staff
Paramedic Associates Degree (65-74 Total Credit Hours)
Prerequisite for EMT is an Accuplacer reading score of 75 or higher, or ENG 101.
EMT (12 HOURS)
(9 HOURS) EMS 118 - EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN