Associate Degree (RN) Program
LPN to RN
Pursuit of lifelong learning is essential for nurses to have continuing competence. The individual nurse has the professional obligation and responsibility for promoting safe and effective nursing practice. Lifelong learning can be achieved through formal education courses/programs, workshops and conferences, employer in-services as well as online offerings. Frequently asked questions related to the Alabama Board of Nursing’s requirements and offerings for continuing education can be found at http://ww
Nursing Program Stackable Credential
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- An overall rating of “Satisfactory” (75% of all observed behavior/task elements) is required in clinical/lab each semester.
- A grade of at least 75% in any required nursing course.
- A minimum grade of a “C” (70%) in any required general education course.
- Completion of 66 required semester hours of coursework for RN.
- Completion of 45 required semester hours for LPN. (Completion of semesters 1,2,3)
Home (RN & LPN)
Welcome to Gadsden State Community College’s Nursing Education Program website.
The Concept Based Curriculum is a stackable credential for nurses. Upon completion of the third semester, nursing students may sit for the NCLEX PN test and work as a Licensed Practical Nurse while they continue their education for the Registered Nurse degree.