Admission Requirements & Procedure:
If you wish to apply for admission to the Phlebotomy Training Course, you must complete all steps listed below no later than midnight on March 7, 2019 for Summer Semester, 2019, admission.
1. Complete the admission procedure for GSCC as outlined on the GSCC Website and in the GSCC Student Handbook & Catalog.
Admissions: Click Here
2. Ensure that the official transcript of your high school/GED certificate is on file with GSCC Admissions Office; After you have been cleared for acceptance to GSCC, proceed to step 3.
3. Register for and complete the TABE Placement Test (this has three sections- Math, Reading, and Language). These scores are used to rank the applicants for admission.
You must take all three sections of this test no matter what your classification as a student and regardless of any other testing you have taken for college placement. NO EXCEPTIONS.
This test is given at the Adult Education Center in Ralls Hall on the East Broad Campus. Map: http://www.gadsdenstate.edu/sites/default/files/u23/East%20Broad%20Campus%20Updated_0.pdf
The test is given every Monday at 8 am or at 5 pm. (Exception is Monday, January 21 due to the college being closed. The test will be given on Tuesday, January 22.)
You need arrive 15 minutes prior to testing time to register. Be sure to let them know you are testing for Phlebotomy admissions.
4. Complete and submit the online application for Phlebotomy;
5. Ensure that the above steps are complete by the March 7, 2019 deadline.
6. Attend one of the following mandatory information sessions:
- Monday, March 18, 2019 from 1:30-3:30pm
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 from 1:30-3:30pm
The sessions will be held on the Wallace Drive Campus, Bevill Hall, Room #101. Map:http://www.gadsdenstate.edu/sites/default/files/u23/Wallace%20Updated_0.pdf