Admission Process for Radiologic Technology Applicants
Minimum Admission Requirements
1. Unconditional admission to the College.
2. Submit online application for admission to the Radiologic Technology Program by midnight June 1st of the year of admission. Supporting documents are due in the Registrar's Office at that time and consist of the following documents:
A. All transcripts (official high school and college) or official GED scores
B. Official ACT scores (with a minimum composite score of 18) must be on file in the Admissions and Records office.
3. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. (Alabama Regulations For Control of
Radiation Rule 420-3-03(6), “Occupational Radiation Dose Limits,” states that all
occupational workers employing ionizing radiation must be at least 18 years of age)
4. A minimum of 2.50 GPA on the last 24 credit hours completed (for students with previous
5. A minimum of 2.50 high school GPA (for students without prior college work).
6. Applicants must be eligible for placement into the following courses: English 101;
Math 100; Biology 201
7. Applicants must meet College reading requirement (COMPASS/ACCUPLACER/ACT)
8. Applicants must be in good standing with the College.
9. Applicants must meet the Essential Functions required for Radiologic Technology
All qualified applicants are required to attend an Applicant Information Session on June 6, 2019. A reminder with detailed session information will be emailed to all applicants after the application deadline. Failure to attend this session will result in your name being removed from the applicant list.
Admission to the Radiologic Technology Program is competitive, and the number of students is limited by the number of faculty and clinical space available. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
Radiologic Technology Program Ranking Sheet
• Upon admission to the Program, all students must submit a completed health questionnaire (provided by the Program) and immunization records.
• Upon admission to the Radiologic Technology Program students must pass an initial
drug test and a criminal background check. Students are also subject to random and for
cause drug testing during the length of the Program.
**These requirements are at the expense of the student.**
SELECTION OF STUDENTS
Selection of applicants for admission will be based upon ACT test scores, high school and/or college transcripts, and the availability of space in the clinical facilities. For advisement call: Gina Tice, 256-549-8469, Ashley Thompson, 256-549-8468 or Theresa Miller, 256-549-8217