ACT - Entrance Exam for the following Gadsden State Health Science Programs:
Medical Laboratory Technology
ACT is the required entrance exam for Gadsden State's Nursing, Radiologic Technology and Medical Laboratory Technology programs. An ACT Composite score of 18 or greater must be achieved and an official** score must be received by Gadsden State no later than the program's application deadline. Students who intend to apply to these programs should review pertinent information provided within the Gadsden State Health Science Division webpages.
There is NO expiration to the age of the ACT score for applying to Gadsden State's Health Science Programs. If you took ACT in high school and had an ACT Composite of 18 or greater you can submit an official** ACT record of that score, if the score has not already been recorded on your Gadsden State student account. Please verify with Admissions before sending duplicate ACT scores.
**What is an official ACT score?
- An ACT score record documented on your high school transcript that has been sent to Gadsden State's Admissions office BY your high school.
- An ACT score record sent to Gadsden State BY ACT.
- An ACT score record printed from your ACT account in the presence of a Gadsden State Testing Services staff member.
If you have not taken ACT or do not wish to use a previous ACT score for your health science program application, please review and compare ALL information provided below about:
ACT NATIONAL TESTING AND ACT RESIDUAL TESTING
You should also review ALL other pertinent information about your specific health science program that is provided within the Gadsden State Health Science Division webpages.
- Always consider your program application deadline when registering for an ACT National or ACT Residual test administration date. You should plan for a 4-6 week turnaround for receipt of scores from ACT. Health science program applications will not be considered if your ACT Composite score is not recorded to your Gadsden State student account. You may confirm scores are recorded by choosing View Test Scores under the Student tab in your myGadsdenState account.
- ACT restricts the number of times a student may take ACT National and/or ACT Residual to 12 times, a combined total. Tests taken that exceed the maximum allowed will be canceled by ACT with NO refund.
ACT NATIONAL TESTING (read carefully):
- ACT National tests are administered at multiple sites in various geographic regions on ACT-specified Saturday test dates.
- Students applying to one, or multiple colleges may register for the ACT National test.
- The required test for students applying to Gadsden State Health Science Programs (NUR, RAD, MLT) is ACT (No Writing); test fee $42.50.
- Scores are transferable to multiple colleges, no matter where the test is taken.
- No required waiting period between taking ACT National and ACT Residual, or vice versa.
- Test scores are received 4-6 weeks after test administration by your chosen college(s); you will receive a score report from ACT.
- It is your responsibility to know your program application deadline to ensure enough time for the receipt of your ACT National scores.
2017-2018 ACT National Test Administration Dates:
SATURDAY, APRIL 8, 2017
SATURDAY, JUNE 10, 2017
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 09, 2017
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2017
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2017
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2018
SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2018
To Register and Pay for an ACT National Test click the icon below:
ACT RESIDUAL TESTING (read carefully):
- ONLY students applying to Gadsden State Health Science Programs (NUR, RAD, MLT), and who have been assigned a Gadsden State student G# may register for ACT Residual testing.
- ACT Residual tests are administered by Gadsden State Community College Testing Services on weekday test dates; test fee $43.00.
- Scores ARE NOT transferable to any colleges other than the college where taken (if you are applying to multiple colleges, consider taking the ACT National test).
- ACT requires a 60-day waiting period between taking ACT Residual tests, even if taken at a different test site; otherwise, ACT will cancel second test score results with NO refund.
- Test scores are received 4-6 weeks after test administration; you will receive a letter from Gadsden State Testing Services once scores are received and recorded to your student account.
- It is your responsibility to know your program application deadline to ensure enough time for the receipt of your ACT Residual scores.
2016-2017 ACT Residual Test Administration Dates:
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8 12PM ONE STOP CENTER, RM 132
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2 8AM AYERS-CHEAHA CAREER CTR, RM 239
MONDAY, DECEMBER 19 8AM ONE STOP CENTER, RM 132
THURSDAY, JANUARY 5 8AM CHEROKEE, RM 130
THURSDAY, JANUARY 19 12PM ONE STOP CENTER, RM 132
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1 5PM CHEROKEE, RM 130
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27 8AM ONE STOP CENTER, RM 132
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 8AM ONE STOP CENTER, RM 132
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 5PM CHEROKEE, RM 130
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1 8AM AYERS, RM 107
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1 1PM ONE STOP CENTER, RM 132
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1 5PM CHEROKEE, RM 130
THURSDAY, MARCH 2 1PM AYERS, RM 107
THURSDAY, MARCH 2 5PM ONE STOP CENTER, RM 132
FRIDAY, MARCH 3 8AM CHEROKEE, RM 130
MONDAY, APRIL 3 5PM CHEROKEE, RM 201
MONDAY, MAY 1 5PM CHEROKEE, RM 130
To Register and Pay for the ACT Residual test click the icon below: