New, transferring, or dual-enrolling students may be exempt from all or part of the placement test. After submitting an application for admissions, incoming students should consult with their assigned advisor for assistance in making the determination of whether or not to test. Questions or clarifications regarding testing requirements should be referred to your advisor or the Gadsden State admissions office.
Students who meet one or more of the following criteria are exempt from placement testing:
- those who have an associate degree or higher (and meet criteria #2);
- those who transfer degree-creditable, college-level English or mathematics courses in which they earned a grade of "C" or better;
- those enrolling for personal enrichment purposes only:
- those enrolling in short certificate programs having no English or mathematics course requirements;
- those who have completed required developmental coursework at another Alabama Community College System institution within the last three years;
- those enrolling to audit a course;
- those who can provide documentation of assessment by the Accuplacer placement test within the last five years; and
- those who are transient students.