In addition to the general admission requirements of the College, admission to the Therapeutic Massage Program requires:
- Unconditional admission to the College with all required official transcripts &/or documents on file in the Registrar’s Office.
- Must be at least 17 years of age with GED or high school diploma.
- Clear academic status at Gadsden State.
- Accuplacer test Reading score of 70 or greater or successful completion of ENG 101; Submit a completed application to the Therapeutic Massage Program;
- Submit a completed application to the Therapeutic Massage Program;
- Acceptance is conditional pending completion of a satisfactory background check done online through Verified Credentials. Enter the program code (KMWKC-69624) above the “Get Started!” button on the right side of the page. NOTE: Do not do the background check until you are notified you are being accepted.
Admission to the Therapeutic Massage Program is competitive. The number of students admitted is limited by the number of faculty and space available. Applicants who meet minimum requirements are rank-ordered for acceptance with points awarded for the Accuplacer test Reading score of 70 or greater. Meeting minimal requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
Can I fax in the application to the Massage program?
Yes. The fax number is 256-549-8676. Remember to include a copy of your Accuplacer test Reading score of 70 or greater and to be safe, an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) from your previous school(s) so we can still establish a grade point average if your official documents aren’t on file yet with the college.
Students should seek advisement each semester prior to registration to review their academic record, discuss issues related to admission or progression, and finalize their upcoming semester’s class schedule. Prior to seeing the advisor, be sure you have:
- Completed the admissions process for the College
- Requested high school/college transcripts to be sent to the College’s Records Office
- Reviewed the class schedule for the upcoming semester and created a class schedule
- Prepared questions you need to ask the advisor
Questions should be directed to the advisors, Mrs. Laura Nelson and Mr. Joshua Olander. Their offices are located in Prater Hall on the Valley Street campus. You may contact by phone at 256-549-8685 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-549-8669 email@example.com .