Cardinal Promise Scholarship
Gadsden, Ala. – Gadsden State Community College announces a new community scholarship program that will increase the affordability of for-credit academic and technical courses at all five campuses.
The new Cardinal Promise Scholarship allows eligible students to purchase up to nine paid hours while receiving an equivalent number of credit hours tuition-free. This program is for courses taken during Spring 2021 only.
“The Cardinal Promise model allows Gadsden State students to pay full tuition for one class and receive a scholarship to cover the tuition of another class of equal credit hours,” said Kelley Pearce, associate dean of Enrollment and Retention.
Gadsden State is granting a maximum of 3,000 paid hours collegewide through the program.
“Because we are limited on the total number of paid credits granted, students are encouraged to register now for their spring semester classes,” she said.
Below is current information about the Cardinal Promise Scholarship:
- Prior to being considered for this funding, students must be registered for spring classes.
- Students must complete their 2020-21 FAFSA to be eligible for the scholarship. Dual-enrolled high school students are exempt from this requirement.
- Eligible students may be full time, part time, dual enrolled, returning or new. Transient students are not eligible.
- Eligible students cannot be receiving other institutional scholarships or third-party billing (WIOA, TRA, VA, etc.) for the Spring 2021 semester.
- The scholarship is only applied to equivalent credit hours of the purchased class. For example, a student must purchase a three credit-hour class to get a three credit-hour class tuition-free.
- There is no minimum-hour requirement for the scholarship.
- The waiver is for tuition only. Students will be responsible for fees.
- Being a Pell grant recipient does not exclude anyone from the scholarship.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be eligible.
- Students must complete the Spring 2021 Tuition Waiver Request Form located on the myGadsdenState portal.
“We understand that many students are in limbo due to the challenges presented during a pandemic,” Pearce said. “We hope this affordable alternative gives them incentive to register for Gadsden State classes and embark on an exciting, lucrative career path.”
For more information, email email@example.com.