Congratulations on your admission to Gadsden State!
Be sure to complete the following tasks before classes begin.
In order to ensure success, become aware of important dates on the college calendar regarding registration, the first day of class and payment deadlines.
Applications will be available in October.
Application deadline: March 1, 2020
Opens March 1, 2020
No deadline, ongoing applications accepted
Applications available March 1
Priority deadline May 1
Scholarships awarded year-round if funding is available
Complete the FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- Visit the Financial Aid webpage for more information.
- To ensure financial aid processing before classes start, the FAFSA should be completed at least 15 business days before the first day of the term.
- All verification documents should be received in the Financial Aid Office at least ten business days before the first day of the semester.
- Allows students to register for classes, view current schedule, pay tuition, check financial aid status, view grades, view transcripts, access DegreeWorks, etc.
- Login credentials: username (A#) and PIN
- Allows students to access Student Email/O365 account. All student emails are Aemail@example.com
- Allows students to access Blackboard for online and supplemental coursework.
- Courses are not visible in Blackboard until the 1st day of class
- Login credentials:
- Username: A#
- You received your password in an email upon admission and in your mailed acceptance letter.
If you have any questions, contact the Helpdesk.
Advisors are assigned according to your program of study and are able to help you understand degree requirements, make appropriate course selection and complete schedule planning.
How do I find my advisor?
- Find your major in the Catalog. Departmental contacts are listed at the top of the program page. Contact your appropriate department to be connected with an advisor.
- For more information about finding your advisor, click here
Advisors assist with understanding course placement:
- Placement is required prior to registration in certain courses such as Math & English
- Placement is determined using students’ evaluated high school transcript, appropriate ACT scores, or ACCUPLACER Placement Test results.
- All scores must be no more than five years old.
- The ACCUPLACER may be taken and used for placement if high school transcripts/ACT scores are not sufficient or older than five years.
- ACCUPLACER is given by appointment only and may be scheduled by visiting gadsdenstate.edu > Future Students > Testing Services.
- Faculty advisors will interpret placement in the academic advising appointment.
Be sure to set up an advising appointment by email or phone. Drop-in advisement cannot be guaranteed.
After meeting with your advisor to plan your class schedule:
Log in to OneACCS > Student tab > Registration > Add or Drop Classes
- Log in to OneACCS > Student > Student Account > Account Summary
- See tuition balance owed & pay tuition
- For more detail on online payment click here
- If preferred, students may also pay in person on campus at a business office location
- If receiving financial aid, verify that authorized aid is showing for term
- If financial aid is not authorized for the term, click Financial Aid tab > Financial Aid Status
- Choose current award year and review unsatisfied requirements
- Be sure to work with your advisor to select courses within your program of study to be certain that your financial aid will pay for your courses
- Payment plan options are available each semester. To learn more and enroll in a payment plan, follow the steps above to make a payment
- To avoid having courses removed from your schedule, pay attention to drop for non-payment dates on the college calendar.
- To avoid owing for classes you could change your mind about, please become familiar with the refund policy which becomes effective on the first day of class.
- Print your class schedule: OneACCS > Student > Registration > Concise Student Schedule
- Get your student ID and parking decal - at any of our campus locations
- Purchase textbooks at the bookstore online or at our Gadsden or Ayers locations.
- Student financial aid may be used at the bookstore (approximately 10 days before classes begin until 10 day after classes begin)
- Use your class schedule and campus maps to find your classes before the first day!
- If taking ONLINE courses, they will be visible in Blackboard on the first day of class.