The Office of Career Services is available to educate, prepare and assist students in meeting the workforce challenges of the 21st century through participation in career preparation activities and cooperative education experiences. The Career Services Staff is committed to providing quality services and programs to students that aid in their career development. Students are encouraged to be prepared, both academically and professionally, so they can make a positive difference and become leaders in their chosen careers once they graduate from Gadsden State.
What Do We Do?
- Career counseling for students
- Assist students in conducting successful job search campaigns
- Serve as a point of contact for employers who are interested in Gadsden State students
- Partner with faculty to provide students with the highest quality curricular and co-curricular experiences
- Refer students to part-time, full-time and internship positions
- Assist students in preparing resumes and constructing other job related correspondence
- Develop and coordinate Cooperative Education work sites and experiences for students
- Employment Opportunity Fairs
- Workshops on self-assessment, goal setting, resume writing, interviewing skills, and successful job search strategies
Wallace Drive Campus - Inzer Hall - Gadsden
Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Appointments are encouraged but walk-ins are welcome.
Ayers Campus LRC - Anniston
Appointment only meetings.
Take an Assessment
Connect Majors to Careers
It is the policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including all postsecondary institutions under the control of the Alabama State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment.