Applications being accepted for new scholarship set up by local family
The Gadsden State Community College Cardinal Foundation is offering $1,500 scholarships to three first-year or currently-enrolled Gadsden State students pursuing a certificate or degree pertaining to construction trades. The Tim and Laura McCartney Career Technical Education Scholarships can be applied toward tuition, fees and books for the 2019-20 academic terms at Gadsden State.
The approved list of certificates or degrees that pertain to construction trades:
- Civil Engineering Technology A.A.S.
- Drafting & Design Technology A.A.S.
- Electrical Technology A.A.S.
- Electrical Technology Industrial Electronics Specialization A.A.S.
- Industrial Automation A.A.S.
- Mechanical Design Technology A.A.S.
- Precision Machining A.A.S.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology Certificate
- Construction Technology Certificate
- Drafting & Design Technology Certificate
- Electrical Technology Certificate
- Industrial Automation Certificate
- Mechanical Design Technology Certificate
- Precision Machining Certificate
- Welding Technology Certificate
The scholarship criteria and application can be located at http://www.gadsdenstate.edu/foundation/home. All applications must be submitted or postmarked by 4:30 p.m. March 14.
The scholarships will be awarded at the Gadsden State Honors Day program April 24. For more information, call Brandy Hyatt at 256.549.8247 or email@example.com.