Apply now to Gadsden State using our FREE admissions application!
Be sure to also apply for scholarships and financial aid. Don’t forget to see your advisor. Those with questions regarding admission to the College, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our Fall 2022 Course & Registration Guide.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application through our Application Portal
- Submit a primary ID
- Submit Official (Graduated) High School Transcript or GED Transcript
- Submit all Official College Transcript(s) (Transfer Applicants only)
- Submit Dual Enrollment Form (High School Applicants only)
- Submit Transient Permission Letter (Transient Applicants only)
Learn how to apply HERE
- Submit a primary ID to the Admissions Office in person or by mail. It can also be emailed to email@example.com.
- Click here for information on submitting official transcripts.
- ACE Institute (dual enrollment) students should submit the Dual Enrollment Form to their high school guidance counselor for signatures. The school will submit the form to Gadsden State upon completion.
- Check admissions status and outstanding requirements at any time by logging into the Application Portal. Use the same username and password created when application was made.
Residency status must be determined upon admission to the college in accordance with the Alabama Community College System and the Code of Alabama Section 16-64. Prospective students complete questions as part of the admissions application to assist the college in determining residency.
The in-state tuition rate shall be extended to students who:
- have resided in Alabama for at least 12 continuous months immediately preceding application for admission.
- reside outside of Alabama in a state and county within fifty (50) miles of a Gadsden State Community College campus, provided, however, that the campus must have been in existence and operating as of October 1, 2008. Eligible counties in Georgia include: Carroll, Chattooga, Floyd, Haralson, Heard, Paulding and Polk.
- have graduated from Alabama high schools or who have obtained a GED in the State of Alabama within three years of the date of their application for admission.
Students who are not eligible for in-state tuition based on the above requirements may still qualify for in-state tuition. These students may petition for in-state residency by submitting supporting documentation certifying they have more substantial connections in Alabama than any other state. To learn more about this process, please refer to the Petition for In-State Residency Form found on the Forms and Instructions webpage.
The petition process must be complete by the end of each full term add/drop period for the residency status and tuition rate change to become effective during the current term. If the petition process takes place after the add/drop period, the residency status change and tuition rate change will not become effective until the following term. Residency status cannot be changed retroactively.
Note: In accordance with Section 702 of the Choice Act, out-of-state students receiving Chapter 30 or 33 VA benefits may be eligible for the in-state tuition rate. Please visit the VA Office at the College.
The out-of-state tuition rate shall be 2.00 times the in-state tuition rate, rounded up to the nearest dollar. International students must pay the out-of-state tuition rate.
Any student who was previously admitted to Gadsden State but has not attended within one academic year must establish eligibility for in-state tuition upon re-enrollment. Students who cannot provide sufficient evidence of eligibility for in-state tuition will be charged out-of-state tuition.
International applicants, please visit the International Office located in Allen Hall, Room 247 on the George Wallace Drive campus, or visit their website by clicking HERE.
It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System and Gadsden State Community College, a postsecondary institution under its control, that no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law.
Política de no discriminación
Es política oficial del Sistema de Colegios Comunitarios de Alabama y del Colegio Comunitario del Estado de Gadsden, una institución postsecundaria bajo su control, que ninguna persona sea discriminada en base a ningún criterio o característica inadmisible, incluidos, entre otros, raza, color, nacionalidad origen, religión, estado civil, discapacidad, sexo, edad o cualquier otra clase protegida según lo define la ley federal y estatal.