Gadsden State to host study abroad experience in France
Gadsden, Ala. — Gadsden State Community College’s Fine Arts Department is hosting a 10-day trip to France as part of a study abroad program. Students may enroll in the accompanying ART 109 class for college credit. Limited space is available for those in the community who would like to go on the trip.
“This trip gives students the opportunity to travel through a beautiful country, view beautiful masterpieces and experience unique cuisines in multiple regions in France,” said Mario Gallardo, division chair of the Fine Arts Department. “Experiencing new cultures and perspectives is very rewarding.”
The trip is being organized by EF College Study Tours and is scheduled for Jun 15-24. The cost is $4,305 for those under 30 years old. Travelers who are 30 and over will pay $4,625 and receive a room upgrade. Pricing includes roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodations, bus and train transportation, regional cuisine, breakfast daily and local guided tours.
- Day 1 – Fly overnight to France
- Day 2 – Take a walking tour of Nice and enjoy dinner in the French Riviera
- Day 3 – Visit Monaco and participate in a cooking lesson led by local chefs
- Day 4 – Go sightseeing in the French Riviera, Provence and Lyon
- Day 5 – Take a culinary-themed tour of Lyon, where you will also cook and eat dinner
- Day 6 – Travel by train to Paris, where you will take a walking tour of Paris, visit the Notre Dame Cathedral, cruise on the Seine River and enjoy dinner in the Latin Quarter.
- Day 7 – Take a guided tour of Paris and see Place de la Concorde, Champs-Elysees, Arc De Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower and Hotel des Invalides.
- Day 8 – Enjoy an excursion to Reims and tour a champagne cellar.
- Day 9 – Visit and shop at the local Parisian food market and participate in a cooking lesson led by local chefs. Enjoy dinner in Montmartre.
- Day 10 – Fly back to Atlanta.
Those interested in the trip to France can visit efcst.com/2244149YT or contact Gallardo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is currently taking place at the link for a $95 deposit. Registration is also available by phone at 877-485-4184.