Cardinal Foundation announces 10 board members, names new board leadership
Mark Condra, newly elected president of the Gadsden State Cardinal Foundation.
Gadsden, Ala. - The Gadsden State Cardinal Foundation elected 10 new board members and new board officers who will each help support the nonprofit’s work to support the mission of Gadsden State Community College and provide opportunities for students.
The Cardinal Foundation elected Mark Condra as its new president. Condra has served on the board since 2018 and most recently was the board’s vice president. Boozer Laminated Beam Company President and CEO Bud Owsley will now serve as the board’s vice president and chair of the board development committee.
“I am extremely proud of our newest board members for many reasons,” said Condra. “Not only are they respected members of their communities, each of them has a personal connection to Gadsden State which makes them ideal spokespeople and promoters of the college.”
Alabama Teachers Credit Union Branch Manager Bryan Dorsett was elected as board treasurer and chairs the finance and investment committee. Physician Liasion for RMC-Anniston Anna Moore was elected as secretary and serves as the co-chair of the special events committee.
The new board members began their three-year terms with the Cardinal Foundation effective July 1, 2020, and can serve a maximum of two terms. The 10 new board members are:
- Honorable Tim Burgess, probate judge and chairman of the Cherokee County Commission
- Maj. Gen. Eric Crabtree, retired US Air Force pilot/manager
- Tommie Goggans III, president of Goggans Group Inc.
- David Hooks, executive director of Gadsden-Etowah IDA
- Gerri Langley, office administration instructor for Gadsden State Community College
- Trudy Lowe, chief operating officer for Preferred Health Services Inc.
- Gayle Macolly, manager of Eastman
- Jonathan Tang, vice president of Ira Phillips Inc. and president of Tang Mart LLC
- Davis Varner, attorney with Shelnutt and Varner, P.C.
- Bess Yarbrough, council member for City of Centre