Meeting the Needs of Faculty and Staff
The Teaching and Learning Center promotes teaching excellence by:
- Facilitating the sharing of the pedagogical knowledge available in research on teaching and learning
- Providing resources that lead to understanding and use of documented best practices in teaching and learning
- Offering programs and resources that engage faculty in reflections and discussions that encourage purposeful, informed pedagogy
- Providing faculty with the technology and training that they need to keep their instruction on the cutting edge
- Blackboard Learn – Allows instructors to provide content to students in a central location, communicate with them quickly and provide grades electronically
- Respondus LockDown Browser – Customized browser that increases the security of test delivery in Blackboard
- Respondus Monitor – Protects the integrity of non-proctored, online exams. Students use their own computer and a webcam to record assessment sessions that allows faculty to review the full color video to ensure the integrity of the exam was not compromised.
- Respondus 4.0 Test Generator – Tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard.
The TLC provides professional development opportunities for faculty and staff with an emphasis on effective teaching strategies, facilitative technologies, online learning and advancing the College’s mission of offering quality education and innovative workforce development. A wide variety of professional development in multiple formats are offered by a number departments throughout Gadsden State.
For more specific information about TLC services for faculty and staff, go to myGadsdenState. Those having technical difficulties should contact the Help Desk for assistance.
Dr. Derrick Griffey, director of Distance Education, Faculty Development and Learning Resources