Gadsden State’s Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) is the College’s home for the following areas:
- Distance education
- Faculty and Staff Professional Development
- Orientation to College (ORI 101) program
Gadsden State provides an extensive array of services to students to support their learning endeavors. Online learning can be challenging, especially for new students. The TLC is available to assist you in navigating any online learning challenges you may encounter. Feel free to email the TLC at email@example.com and one of our friendly staff members will be happy to assist you.
The TLC supports faculty and staff by offering professional development and training activities, creating support resources, providing course consultations, and offering a variety of instructional technologies. The TLC is committed to helping faculty and staff achieve their professional goals so that they are highly effective at meeting the needs of our students.
ORI 101 is a one credit-hour course that provides first-semester students with the resources and skills necessary to achieve their educational goals. This course is required for all of Gadsden State’s programs and certificates. ORI 101 is taught in a hybrid format that includes a single four-hour in-person seminar with the remainder of the course requirements being met online. We encourage all students who are able to attend the in-person seminars. However, if you are unable to attend an in-person seminar, there are makeup activities offered online. After registering for ORI 101, contact your advisor to find out when seminars are offered.
Distance Education at Gadsden State
Gadsden State is a leader in the Alabama Community College System in the wide variety of distance learning courses and programs offered.
Tuition and Fees for Distance Education: Gadsden State is committed to making education accessible and affordable for all of our students. We feel that it is important that students are not charged additional tuition or fees for choosing to enroll in online or hybrid courses. This policy aligns with our mission to provide flexible, high-quality educational options to meet diverse learning needs. View GSCC’s tuition and fees.
Protecting Student Privacy in Distance Education: Gadsden State is committed to protecting the privacy of students enrolled in all courses regardless of the mode of instruction. Read GSCC's full policy on Protecting Student Privacy in Distance Education.
- GSCC TLC Student Hub: Check out the TLC’s Student Hub where you can find links to resources for everything from Blackboard to your textbook software.
- Distance Education at Gadsden State: Read GSCC’s Catalog & Student Handbook entry for Distance Education.
- Alabama Community College System (ACCS) Online Learning: The ACCS has a website dedicated to online learning! Check out the distance education opportunities throughout the Alabama Community College System.
- Is Distance Education Right for You? Take our Online Readiness Assessment to see if online classes would be a good fit for you.
- What is Netiquette? Read the Core Rules of Netiquette to ensure that you are exhibiting the proper etiquette in your online courses.
Looking for something specific related to Distance Education? Be sure to explore the Student Resources and/or Faculty & Staff Resources. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, need assistance, or have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always happy to assist.