Ready-to-Work provides a career pathway for adults with limited employment experiences through training in entry-level skills required for employment with most businesses and industries in Alabama. The Alabama Ready to Work Skill Standards include communication skills and customer service, basic education, computer skills, problem solving, workplace behavior, manufacturing and job acquisition.
The Ready-to-Work program is operated by the Alabama Community College System and AIDT. Essential requirements for successful completion include:
- A 95% attendance and punctuality rate
- Satisfactory achievement of work ethic, organizational skills, attitude and motivation
- Satisfactory achievement of problem solving skills, workplace behaviors, financial education, customer service, computer skills, job acquisition skills and operation skills
- WorkKeys assessments are given in applied mathematics, reading for information and locating information
- Alabama Certified Worker Examination
Successful completers earn an Alabama Certified Worker Certificate and a State of Alabama Career Readiness Certificate.
Employers or large groups can inquire about on-site classes with customized schedules for their specific needs.
For more information, contact Chris Hopper, firstname.lastname@example.org, 256-439-6957 (Gadsden) or Chad Carney, email@example.com, 256-832-1235.