The Truck Driving program teaches students to drive trucks and buses, delivery vehicles and other commercial vehicles. Successful completers earn a Class A Commercial Driver’s License. Classes begin every six weeks and are 240 hours. Documents required to participate in the Truck Driving Program include proof of drug testing, a DOT physical and a motor vehicle report.
- Tuition: $3500
- Moving Violation Report (MVR): Approximately $6 - 10
- *Physical and Drug Screen: Approximately $100 - $150
- Permit Exam: $35
- Retake any portion of Permit Exam: $15
- CDL License: $66.25
*Must be DOT approved
The Gadsden State Truck Driving program is WIOA approved for eligible students. For information on funding to cover the cost of the program, click here to contact your local Alabama Career Center.
For more information, call 256-549-8638 or 256-549-8640.
- Testing Dates: No available dates at this time (Testing is available on first-come, first-serve basis.)
- Time slots: 7 a.m., 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Cost: $275 (equipment provided) $175 (personal equipment)
- Retake: $70 – $125 *Note: must reschedule a date to retest.
To obtain a test slot, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Skills Training Center, 1001 East Broad St. Gadsden, AL 35903.