The Truck Driving program teaches students to drive trucks and buses, delivery vehicles and other commercial vehicles. Successful completers earn a Class A Commercial Driver’s License. Classes begin every six weeks and are 240 hours. Documents required to participate in the Truck Driving Program include proof of drug testing, a DOT physical and a motor vehicle report.
- Tuition: $3500
- Moving Violation Report (MVR): Approximately $6 - 10
- *Physical and Drug Screen: Approximately $100 - $150
- Permit Exam: $35
- Retake any portion of Permit Exam: $15
- CDL License: $66.25
*Must be DOT approved
The Gadsden State Truck Driving program is WIOA approved for eligible students. For information on funding to cover the cost of the program, click here to contact your local Alabama Career Center.
For more information, call 256-549-8638 or 256-549-8640.
- Testing is available on the first and third Friday of each month.
- Time slots are: 7 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Cost: $175 - $250
- Retake: $45-$70 *Note: must reschedule a date to retest.
To obtain a test slot, you must complete and return an application 72 hours prior to test date along with a copy of your CDL learners permit and payment to David Collins, at the Skills Training Center, 1001 East Broad St. Gadsden, Al 35903.