Admissions & Aid
Veterans Upward Bound
Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is a federally funded TRIO program designed to help veterans develop and expand the essential skills required to successfully enroll in and complete an academic or technical college degree.
This program serves veterans in Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Cleburne, DeKalb, Etowah, Jefferson, Marshall, St. Clair and Talladega counties.
Program eligibility is not limited to veterans planning to attend Gadsden State.
We offer a range of free veteran services including assistance with educational benefits and academic preparation to enroll at the school of your choice. In addition, we also help veterans learn how to secure support from other available resources including the Veterans Administration and local agencies who specialize in serving the veteran community.
FREE Veterans Services Include:
- Academic Assessment & Advisement
- Educational Benefits Information
- Applying for Financial Aid / Scholarships
- Assistance with College Enrollment
- Career Planning & Exploration
- Tutoring Services
- Computer Skills Training
- Financial Management & Planning
- Other veteran related workshops
- Participation in Community Service Projects
***Eligible veterans have the opportunity to receive a monthly stipend by participating in weekly VUB educational activities.
How to Apply
Applications may be completed at all VUB office locations or by appointment at a local community agency in your county. Visit any site location or email VUB at email@example.com.
Meet the Staff
|Academic Coordinator/Recruiter||Linda Morrisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Math Tutor||Michael Holtemail@example.com|
|Site Manager||Terry Sumnerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Site Manager||Sharon Lancasteremail@example.com|
Connect With Us
14th—Open House, Gadsden, Beck Field House, 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
15th-- Open House, Ayers, Learning Resource Center, 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
21st—Tech Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m., Gadsden/Beck Field House and Ayers/Learning Resource Center. Call (256)-549-8204.
- 4th Tech Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m., Gadsden/Beck Field House and Ayers/Learning Resource Center. Call (256)549-8204.
- 18th-- Financial Literacy Workshop, Gadsden/Beck field House, 10:00-12:00. Call (256)549-8204.
- 10th-- Tech Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m., Gadsden/Beck Field House and Ayers/Learning Resource Center. Call (256)549-8204.
- 7th-- Tech Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m., Gadsden/Beck Field House and Ayers/Learning Resource Center. Call (256)549-8204.
- 21st-- Resume/Interview Skills Workshop, Beck Field House, 11 a.m. Call (256)549-8204.
- 5th—Open House, Gadsden/Beck Field House, 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
- 6th-- Open House, Ayers/Learning Resource Center, 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
Through its Veterans Affairs Office, GSCC cooperates with the Veterans Administration and with students who receive V. A. benefits to ensure that the objectives of the V. A. are pursued to the fullest advantage to both parties. The policies and procedures followed by the College are explained in the College Regulations portion of this catalog. See also the information on the Alabama G. I. Dependents' Scholarship Program, presented under Financial Assistance.