After registering for the last semester, students can apply for graduation. Be sure the application is made before the term deadline.
Summer 2023 Graduation Deadline - Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Fall 2023 Graduation Deadline - Tuesday, November 21, 2023
How to Apply:
- Log into OneACCS
- Under Student Records, select Graduation Application
If the name on record is correct, continue the process. If not, email Admissions and Records at email@example.com to submit a name change. Check all information for accuracy. The mailing address selected will be the diploma mailing address if one is purchased.
Things to Know About Graduation
Summer and Fall 2023 Ceremony
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, December 19, 2023
- Gadsden State Cherokee Arena
It is recommended that each graduate invite no more than 4 guests.
Caps and gowns may be purchased at the bookstores located on the East Broad and the Ayers campuses. The price is approximately $55.
Official commencement photographs will be taken at each ceremony by The Grad Team. Each graduate will have a photo taken as they cross the stage as well as one as they exit the stage. Proofs of these photos will be sent by mail and email to graduates and their families within one week of the ceremony. Print packages start at under $10; however, there is no obligation to buy. To ensure The Grad Team has the correct address information, go to www.thegradteam.com and "Sign up for Graduation Proofs."
- Purchase cap, gown and tassel from the Gadsden State bookstore.
- Dress your best! Most students wear dress clothes or nice jeans. Wear nice shoes you can walk up and down stairs in and stand in for long periods of time.
- If you have honor cords, you may wear them. These are purchased through each honor society.
- Be on time! Check-in and marching lineup are at 5:15 p.m. the day of the ceremony.
- Leave personal items, such as a purse, camera or phone with a guest or in your vehicle. There will be no secure areas for these items during the ceremony.
- It is recommended that each graduate invite no more than 4 guests.
Please note that all candidates for graduation will undergo an official graduation audit after final grades post. Graduation is final only after all requirements are met and the official audit is complete. The process may take two weeks to complete. After all audits have been finalized, an email will be sent notifying students of transcript availability.
Spring 2023 Diplomas will be mailed out by June 1, 2023. Summer 2023 Diplomas will be mailed out by September 1, 2023. Fall 2023 Diplomas will be mailed out by January 19, 2024.
All graduates who wish to receive a printed diploma must pay the $10 diploma fee. Payment for the diploma can be made at the Business Offices located on any campus or online through OneACCS using these steps:
- Login to OneACCS
- Click Student
- Click Student Landing Page
- Click Make Payments, Deposits, and Payment Plans
- Click Make a Payment
- Type $10 in the blank
- Type in the account information and continue
- Select payment method and continue
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org that the payment has been submitted along with your A#
Check your Gadsden State Student email for updates on your graduation evaluation.
Diploma fees are not automatically charged to students accounts. When you make your diploma payment through OneACCS, you need to contact the Business Office and let them know you have paid your diploma fee.
Emails will send out after final audits are completed once grades post for that semester. Final audits can take up to two weeks to finalize.
No, whether you walk at the ceremony or not is completely your choice as the graduate.
No, students do not receive diplomas at the graduation ceremony. Final evaluations must occur before student diplomas can be printed.
Diplomas cannot be printed until final audits are completed. Final audits may take up to 2 weeks to be finalized and then an additional 2 weeks to receive the diplomas back from the printers.