After registering for the last semester, students can apply for graduation. Be sure the application is made before the term deadline.
Fall 2019 Graduation Application Deadline - Nov. 19, 2019
How to Apply:
- Log into OneACCS, the new Self Service Banner
- Click on Student Tab
- Click on Student Records
- Click on Apply to Graduate
- Follow steps listed in the application
- Click submit
If the name on record is correct, continue the process. If not, email Admissions and Records at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a name change. Check all information for accuracy. The mailing address selected will be the diploma mailing address if one is purchased.
Things to Know About Graduation
Commencement ceremonies are held for the summer, fall and spring semesters. Graduates should arrive for the ceremony no later than 5:15 p.m.
- Fall 2019 Graduation Ceremony
- 6 p.m. Dec. 19 at Wallace Hall Fine Arts Center, Gadsden
- Spring 2020 Graduation Ceremony
- 6 p.m. May 7 at Gadsden State Cherokee Arena, Centre
- Summer 2020 Graduation Ceremony
- 6 p.m. Aug. 10 in Calhoun County (location TBD), Anniston
Caps and gowns may be purchased at the bookstores located on the East Broad and the Ayers campuses. The price is approximately $40. They are available for purchase one month prior to the commencement ceremony.
Official commencement photographs will be taken at each ceremony by Village Photographers. Each graduate will have a photo taken as they cross the stage as well as one as they exit the stage. Proofs of these photos will be sent by mail and email to graduates and their families within one week of the ceremony. Print packages start at under $10; however, there is no obligation to buy. To ensure that Village Photographers has the correct address information, go to www.villagephotographers.com and click “Sign up for Graduation Proofs.” For additional information, call 334-821-9196 or email email@example.com
The Gadsden State Public Relations and Marketing Department will take candid photos before and during the ceremony that will be posted on all of the College’s social media platforms.
TV24 will video the commencement ceremonies. Footage will be scheduled for broadcast on TV24. A schedule will be shared on Gadsden State social media. Videos will also post to Gadsden State’s YouTube channel.
- Purchase cap, gown and tassel from the Gadsden State bookstore.
- Dress your best! Most students wear dress clothes or nice jeans. Wear nice shoes you can walk up and down stairs in and stand in for long periods of time.
- If you have honor cords, you may wear them. These are purchased through each honor society.
- Be on time! Check-in and marching lineup are at 5:15 the day of the ceremony.
- Leave personal items, such as a purse, camera or phone with a guest or in your vehicle. There will be no secure areas for these items during the ceremony.
Please note that all candidates for graduation will undergo an official graduation audit after final grades post. Graduation is final only after all requirements are met and the official audit is complete. The process may take two to three weeks or longer to complete. After all audits have been finalized, an email will be sent notifying students of transcript availability.
Summer 2019 diplomas will be mailed to graduates on or after Sept. 16.
All graduates who wish to receive a printed diploma must pay the $10 diploma fee. Payment for the diploma can be made at the Business Offices located on any campus or online through OneACCS using these steps:
- Login to OneACCS
- Click Student Tab > Registration > Registration Fee Assessment
- Click Submit under the term
- Click Pay Account
- Click Pay Now and type in the amount ($10)
- Type in the account information and continue
- Submit payment
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org that the payment has been submitted along with your G#
Check your Gadsden State Student email for updates on your graduation evaluation.
Diploma fees are not automatically charged to students accounts. When you make your diploma payment through Self Service Banner, you need to contact the Business Office and let them know you have paid your diploma fee.
Emails will send out after final audits are completed once grades post for that semester. Final audits can take up 3-4 weeks to finalize.
No, whether you walk at the ceremony or not is completely your choice as the graduate.
No, students do not receive diplomas at the graduation ceremony. Final evaluations must occur before student diplomas can be printed.
Diplomas cannot be printed until final audits are completed. Final audits may take up to 3-4 weeks to be finalized and then an additional 2‐3 weeks to receive the diplomas back from the printers.