A transcript is an exact copy of a student’s permanent academic record at the time it is issued. It can be either an official or an unofficial transcript, the latter usually issued directly to and only for the personal information of the student concerned. Partial transcripts are not issued. A Gadsden State Community College transcript only includes the student’s complete record at Gadsden State.
Transcripts covering a student’s secondary and previous college education that have been submitted to Gadsden State to meet a requirement for admission become part of the Registrar’s official file. The College does not reissue or certify copies of transcripts from other institutions. The student concerned must order any required transcripts directly from other institutions where the coursework was taken.
The official permanent academic records for all Gadsden State students are maintained by the Admissions and Records Office. This information is protected by federal law and release of any information is done only in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. Only the student may request a copy of his or her academic record. Friends and family are not permitted access to a student’s record without written permission of that student.
If the student wishes to request or pick up a transcript from the Admissions and Records Office, he/she should be prepared to show a photo ID. Transcripts are issued only at the written request or authorization of the student concerned. Transcripts may be requested through OneACCS or by completing the transcript request form, which can be emailed to email@example.com or brought in person to the One Stop Center on The East Broad Campus.
There are two options for obtaining Gadsden State transcripts:
Students can request transcripts through the Summer 2019 Gadsden State Self-Service Banner. Below are the instructions:
- Go to the Current Students page and click on Summer 2019 - Self Service Banner.
- Select the first option that says Enter Secure Area.
- Enter your G# or A# if you know it. Remember to capitalize the G or A when entering the number. If you do not know your G#, use your social security number (without dashes). The PIN is your six-digit birthdate (mmddyy). You will be required to change your PIN the first time you sign in.
- Click on Student Button > Student Records > Request Printed Transcript
- Enter one of the options for address
- Select Transcript Type and fill in other information. If you selected a college, the information will automatically fill in. Do not alter the information. Click Continue.
- Be sure to select Delivery Method – USPS Standard Mail. NOTE: Your transcript will not process without this option selected. Click Continue.
- Submit Request
This option can be used if Option 1 does not work or if you attended more than three years prior.
Click on Transcript Request Form. This needs to be printed and filled out with a handwritten signature, in order for the Registrar’s Office to process. The request form can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address on the form. Please allow two weeks to process within the office, with an additional time for the mail service to deliver to the designated address.
NOTE: During heavy volume periods, please allow up to three weeks.
NOTE: ACE Institute Student: Dual enrollment credit is contingent upon high school graduation. Official college credit for ACE Institute courses will not be finalized on the student's Gadsden State transcript until proof of high school graduation is submitted to Gadsden State. Request that your high school send Gadsden State your graduated transcript as soon as it is available after graduation. Once Gadsden State receives your graduated high school transcript, you may request that we send your Gadsden State transcript to the college of your choice.
How to View/Request Unofficial Transcripts:
- Log into OneACCS
- Click on “Student Button”; then click “Student Records”; then “Academic Transcript.”
- Change the Transcript Level to say “All Levels” and Transcript Type to say “Unofficial Web Transcript.”
- Click Submit.
- You can print your transcript
NOTE: Transcript requests will need to be made by the form until further notice. You will be unable to access the transcript from your new account in OneACCS.